Some questions from a ~3weeks-old player

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
aldotengnb2

Some questions from a ~3weeks-old player

Postby aldotengnb2 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Hey guys, I'm at lvl 26 and standing at 350mil investment + 250mil liquid asset + cash. I'm quite clueless on my next steps.

1) Gold income - I'm now Sun Tear farming with ten Heroes (two parties). I really don't know where I can go from here because the rare resources after Sun Tears (Dragon Scale and Adamantium) are sold at a (much) lower price. What should be my next goal in terms of ramping up my gold income?

2) Gem expenditure - I just bought the 100 gem/day plan. I'm not spending any gems at the moment. Should I?

3) Chests - should I open all chests I can find? I have been selling Golds and Mythics on the marketboard so far. I have a lack of Wooden and Leather chests. Do you think I should buy them from the marketboard at this stage? I'm definitely not doing lower-level quests anymore .

4) Daily quests - in your opinion are these worth it for Blueprint fragments?

5) PVP - what's in it for me (personally) besides bags? Should I be actively working on Personal Quests (which I have been neglecting in favour of rare resource farming)?

Thanks!

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Some questions from a ~3weeks-old player

Postby infiner » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:04 am

Hello

1) prices on resources are very fluctuating. Adamantium is usually cost more then Sun Tear. Build several 6-heroes party because keys only available as special loot for 6 heroes.
2) Best choice to spend gems is adding slots to cauldron (it is only available for gems). Next you can be interesting in upgrading some trade/quest/craft slots. Sometimes it is worth to upgrade exceptional crafts (flawless -> epic, epic -> legendary) with gems.
3) It is up to you, but sooner or later you will come to the point that you need those chest' BPs. I think your level is good enough to start opening wooden/leather/iron chests. If you want it fast - buy keys/chests from auction. If you want it slow - farm chests and open it with keys from raid.
4) definitely worth it. Daily quests are the main source to get fragments.
5) it is up to you. If you don't need that bags - don't do pvp :) Later, when you get bored with crafting/questing you can start working on pvp setups.

aldotengnb2

Postby aldotengnb2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:16 pm

Thanks so much!! I've learned a lot of new things.

2) I thought I could just upgrade the trade/quest/craft slots by levelling up and paying Gold? As for Cauldron, by levelling up the Cauldron.

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby infiner » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:15 am

aldotengnb2 wrote:Thanks so much!! I've learned a lot of new things.

2) I thought I could just upgrade the trade/quest/craft slots by levelling up and paying Gold? As for Cauldron, by levelling up the Cauldron.

You can ADD new trade/quest/craft slots by leveling up and paying gold.
UPGRADING those slots available only for gems.
As for Cauldron, you have 5 slots INSIDE cauldron, which are opened by leveling it up. Also you have up to 4 fusion slots (they accessible outside of cauldron, next to move/rotate buttons) which allow you to fuse several items simultaneously

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:47 am

infiner wrote:As for Cauldron, you have 5 slots INSIDE cauldron, which are opened by leveling it up. Also you have up to 4 fusion slots (they accessible outside of cauldron, next to move/rotate buttons) which allow you to fuse several items simultaneously

Also: the ability to spend gems on buying another fusion slot opens up at different cauldron levels. (their costs are 1000/3000/5000 gems for the 2nd/3rd/4th fusion slot)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

aldotengnb2

Postby aldotengnb2 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:12 am

Got it - thanks guys

aldotengnb2

Postby aldotengnb2 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:06 pm

New question - what is the exp rate from buying an item from a hero (not selling them). It definitely gives more experience - just not sure by how much.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:21 am

aldotengnb2 wrote:New question - what is the exp rate from buying an item from a hero (not selling them). It definitely gives more experience - just not sure by how much.

I'm not sure if anyone has checked if there's an exp different between selling and buying of the same item.
It could just be that the hero sold you a more expensive/higher exp item. Most chest items for example have higher base gold/exp than non-chest items of similar level/type.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby infiner » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:38 am

aldotengnb2 wrote:New question - what is the exp rate from buying an item from a hero (not selling them). It definitely gives more experience - just not sure by how much.

I just check this out. Buying item gives you same exp as selling that item. You can find exact values of given experience in the spreadsheet.

Return to “Beginner Strategy”