Regarding heroes and quests

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
alex
"Great" Mastery Member

Regarding heroes and quests

Postby alex » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:41 am

Sorry if this has been asked before. But i couldnt find it in the forum :

Regarding heroes in a quest
1. Which one is the best skill. Increase equipment strength vs Increase strength vs Increase survival rate? What does increase survival rate do?
Does it decrease the likelihood of injury?
2. Whats the difference between 'healer' and 'revive'? Heroes can die in the quest?
3. Whats the difference between 'support' and 'supplier'?
Say all of my equipments are at 3% break chance, then i have a hero with supplier I skill, which reduce the break chance by 5%. Would all my gears be indestructible then?
4. What does group bonus mean?
5. Say i have 2 identical group (A and B) both consist of 3 identical heroes, Emphasizing on the quest output, would it be better to merge those group into 1 group for 1 quest, or do 2 quests using 2 groups?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Regarding heroes and quests

Postby Shiroe » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:13 am

alex wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before. But i couldnt find it in the forum :

1. Which one is the best skill. Increase equipment strength vs Increase strength vs Increase survival rate? What does increase survival rate do?

strength == the hero's power without gear
equipment strength == the power of the gear on the hero
survival rate == both of those 2 combined (yes, it's named confusingly and no it doesn't reduce injury)

2. Whats the difference between 'healer' and 'revive'? Heroes can die in the quest?

energetic == reduce resting time
healer == reduce resting and injury time
revive == prevent injury (again, not the most fortunate name; injury/"death" is the same thing)

Say all of my equipments are at 3% break chance, then i have a hero with supplier I skill, which reduce the break chance by 5%. Would all my gears be indestructible then?

Not completely sure, but I think that would be 3% * 0.95 = 2.85% break chance then.

a bonus power multiplier for having a larger quest group AFAIK.

5. Say i have 2 identical group (A and B) both consist of 3 identical heroes, Emphasizing on the quest output, would it be better to merge those group into 1 group for 1 quest, or do 2 quests using 2 groups?

It depends, but for the common strategy of running the highest quests you can, larger groups would be better to get over the minimum power reqs there (with help of higher group bonus etc).
Why run the highest quest you can? The hero experience and the rewards you bring back are greater, while item break chance stays the same compared to lower quests, so higher income for the same cost. Since the highest quest might not be the one where the artifacts you want are, people then often sell those high, more expensive artifacts on the tradehouse and use the gold to buy the low, cheaper artifacts they needed, leading to a quite lively artifact market on the tradehouse...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby infiner » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:16 am

alex wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before. But i couldnt find it in the forum :

1. equpment strength is strength of items equipped on hero
strength is naked hero strength
survival rate is total strength of hero with equipment (this one best to increase)
As I know, yes, increasing hero strength will decrease the chances of injury.
2. healer reduce rest time of both injured and non-injured heroes. Revive will revive some hero in case he was injured (you will not see any visual effect of this skill working)
3. supplier reduce break chance. I'm not sure, but if you have 3% items, then with supplier it will be 3%*0.95=2.85% break chance.
support is repairing broken item (again, you will not see visual effect of this skill working)
4,5. in bigger parties you can have some specific bonus loot. For example, keys can be found only in group of 6 heroes. Also you have more group bonus (not sure, but i think it increase power of heroes)

alex
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby alex » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:41 am

Thank you for both, for well detailed answers :D

I've got some more :
1. The hero's unique skill like nya's cone of cold and 'arch wizard', do they increase their base strength only, or increase base+equipment?
2. If the heroes have resorceful III, which prevents 3 equipment from breaking, and there are only 3 equipments breaking during a quest, are they automatically repaired? or we have to play that roulette style special loot and get the 'repair hammer' bonus to repair?

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby infiner » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:39 am

alex wrote:Thank you for both, for well detailed answers :D

I've got some more :
1. The hero's unique skill like nya's cone of cold and 'arch wizard', do they increase their base strength only, or increase base+equipment?
2. If the heroes have resorceful III, which prevents 3 equipment from breaking, and there are only 3 equipments breaking during a quest, are they automatically repaired? or we have to play that roulette style special loot and get the 'repair hammer' bonus to repair?

Cone of Cold: "Increases strength by 40%"
Archwizard: "Increases the strength of spellcasters in the party." (10%/20%/30% per tier of skill)
both are increasing "strength", this is naked heroes' power as we said before.

Resourceful and support saves your equipment without any visual notification for player.
Special loot "repair hammer" show ONLY if you have some item broken AFTER all skills applied.

I suggest you to read and understand shop heroes spreadsheet, there are tons of usefull information. Also read all guides from Abqu, he explain many aspects of skills in those guides.

alex
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby alex » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Sure, i'll take a look.. Thx :D

Return to “Beginner Strategy”