Sending heroes to a quest

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
alex
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:49 am

Sending heroes to a quest

Postby alex » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:20 am

Hi all, so im here tired of breaking every equipments almost everytime i sent them to a quest
Does it have any effect on the quest performance if i send the heroes naked/partially equip them with just enough power relative with the quest minimum required power to do the quest? The quest payout is much smaller if the one item breaks, ifi do small quests like 1st rat quest with 10k power for example, so i wana strip them all naked if possible

Also, what does the party bonus mean? does it icnrease the probabilty of finding better special loots? or does it increase the main items/loots payout?
Or doe sit make your party even stronger?

User avatar
WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:23 am
Location: USA

Re: Sending heroes to a quest

Postby WingDingo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:53 am

Equipment Break chance is tied to closeness of Hero Level to Item Level. If you have a level 10 hero with level 10 equipment, that will have the lowest break chance. If you gain levels, and you have the same equipment still on, the break chance is going to increase. A 3% break chance or lower, per item, is a good baseline for equipment. This is a simplification of the full explanation of how equipment works. For a full explanation of how item affinity works, visit this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6278

You get an equipment set bonus of 25% if each piece of equipment is within +6/-6 item levels versus hero level. So a level 10 hero could equip level 4 through 16 items to get the set bonus.

When you quest, you want every hero to have a Green Smiling Face. This means they have the best chance of success to not be injured. The higher your power, the better the success. You get a passive bonus for having larger parties. That is the party bonus. You can further increase your party's power by using specific leaders with leader skills. Protector skill increases everyone's power if they are not the leader. If you are over-powered for a quest, you can unequip items if you are worried about them breaking. The important thing is that you have Green Smiling Faces.

There are 2 rolls for rewards after a quest. The first roll is to see how many artifacts each hero brings back. The second roll is special loot.

To access the in-game FAQ, click on the Gear in the upper left to get to Settings. Click on FAQ. If you are playing in a browser, it will link you to the official, external site. If you are playing on a mobile device, it will be in-game.

https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop- ... ecial-loot

Special Loot is additional loot that you may receive after artifacts from completing a quest successfully. Special Loot include:
Gold (1)
Chest (1) *Only If you have ~0 to 2 of that chest type in your inventory.
Items (2)
Bags (2)
Double XP (Shield w/ X2 icon) (3) *Only if any of your heroes can gain experience.
Gems (3)
Blueprint Fragments (4)
Repair All (Hammer icon) (4) *Only If any of your equipment breaks.
Heal All (Cross icon) (5) *Only If any of your heroes are injured.
Keys (6)

Special loot is affected by party size. See required party size in (#) parenthesis above.
*Any notes with an asterisk * is not confirmed information, but is based on player experience.

alex
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:49 am

Re: Sending heroes to a quest

Postby alex » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:35 am

WingDingo wrote:Equipment Break chance is tied to closeness of Hero Level to Item Level. If you have a level 10 hero with level 10 equipment, that will have the lowest break chance. If you gain levels, and you have the same equipment still on, the break chance is going to increase. A 3% break chance or lower, per item, is a good baseline for equipment. This is a simplification of the full explanation of how equipment works. For a full explanation of how item affinity works, visit this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6278

You get an equipment set bonus of 25% if each piece of equipment is within +6/-6 item levels versus hero level. So a level 10 hero could equip level 4 through 16 items to get the set bonus.

When you quest, you want every hero to have a Green Smiling Face. This means they have the best chance of success to not be injured. The higher your power, the better the success. You get a passive bonus for having larger parties. That is the party bonus. You can further increase your party's power by using specific leaders with leader skills. Protector skill increases everyone's power if they are not the leader. If you are over-powered for a quest, you can unequip items if you are worried about them breaking. The important thing is that you have Green Smiling Faces.

There are 2 rolls for rewards after a quest. The first roll is to see how many artifacts each hero brings back. The second roll is special loot.

To access the in-game FAQ, click on the Gear in the upper left to get to Settings. Click on FAQ. If you are playing in a browser, it will link you to the official, external site. If you are playing on a mobile device, it will be in-game.

https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop- ... ecial-loot

Special Loot is additional loot that you may receive after artifacts from completing a quest successfully. Special Loot include:
Gold (1)
Chest (1) *Only If you have ~0 to 2 of that chest type in your inventory.
Items (2)
Bags (2)
Double XP (Shield w/ X2 icon) (3) *Only if any of your heroes can gain experience.
Gems (3)
Blueprint Fragments (4)
Repair All (Hammer icon) (4) *Only If any of your equipment breaks.
Heal All (Cross icon) (5) *Only If any of your heroes are injured.
Keys (6)

Special loot is affected by party size. See required party size in (#) parenthesis above.
*Any notes with an asterisk * is not confirmed information, but is based on player experience.

Thank you so much for the well detailed answers :P
However im still confused about a few things :
1. Heroes affinities toward gears. if i put their non favourite item and it has low break chance like e.g : 2.3% compared to their favourite item with the same breakage chance : 2.3%... Would it be the same? Or the non favourite items break chance will be actually higher than 2.3% in practice? :?:

2. So, Does being overpowered on a quest actually bring something good other than more chance for breaking items? Like more reward? Less chance for injury?

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Sending heroes to a quest

Postby Shiroe » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:10 pm

alex wrote:1. Heroes affinities toward gears. if i put their non favourite item and it has low break chance like e.g : 2.3% compared to their favourite item with the same breakage chance : 2.3%... Would it be the same? Or the non favourite items break chance will be actually higher than 2.3% in practice? :?:

break chance percentage is break chance percentage. affinity doesn't matter there. it does the other way around.
Say you have a lvl 25 hero that can use music at white affinity and amulet at grey affinity. then an epic lvl 24-26 music instrument would be 0% break chance, while for amulets only the lvl 25 would be 0%, while lvl 24 and 26 amulet would be above 0% break chance.

Every player breaks lots of gear at the beginning to mid game. Off the top of my head, assuming zero break prevention skills, a single hero sent on a quest in 7x 3% gear has 80% chance of breaking nothing, 20% chance of breaking at least 1 item (each and every quest). A party of 6 in 6x7 3% gear has a 27% chance of breaking zero things and 73% chance of breaking 1 or more items. Until you get lots of "0%" items and/or break prevention skills, constantly breaking things is an expected thing. This has lead to the following strategy: run the highest quest your hero teams can run, sell some of those more expensive artifacts on the tradehouse and use the gold from that to buy the cheaper lower artifacts you actually needed (but can't really quest for since break costs outweigh their value) on the tradehouse.


2. So, Does being overpowered on a quest actually bring something good other than more chance for breaking items? Like more reward? Less chance for injury?

According to Tadaaah, excess power above the minimum needed should reduce injury chance. (nothing else though)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

User avatar
WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:23 am
Location: USA

Re: Sending heroes to a quest

Postby WingDingo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:14 pm

The better the affinity and the favorite items have a lower break chance. This is compared to other items of the same item level and same quality.

The only thing you get for being overpowered is an increased reduction on injury. We don't know if there is a cap on this, but we have been told that it is better "bare minimum green face" versus "more than bare minimum green face." It could be a small as a 0.01% injury reduction for an extra 100000 power. It could be as high as a 10% reduced injury for an extra 1000 power. The numbers aren't public and we will never know.

Power has no influence on quest rewards or special loot.

alex
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:49 am

Re: Sending heroes to a quest

Postby alex » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:14 am

This has lead to the following strategy: run the highest quest your hero teams can run, sell some of those more expensive artifacts on the tradehouse and use the gold from that to buy the cheaper lower artifacts you actually needed (but can't really quest for since break costs outweigh their value) on the tradehouse.


This is new and a very good startegy.. Thanks alot. I just learnt something new today :D


Return to “Beginner Strategy”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

©2015 Cloudcade, Inc. All Rights Reserved.