Worker teams

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
marianamorais4

Worker teams

Postby marianamorais4 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:46 pm

hi guys, can any of you tell what's the best/most efficient tier 3 team?
I can only have 4 workers.

Arcan
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Worker teams

Postby Arcan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:00 pm

I'm assuming you want the best skill coverage possible. You can only cover 10 of the 11 skills with 4 workers (assuming T1, T2, and T3 workers only).
I would recommend using:
Master
Wizard
Sculptor

These 3 cover 9 different skills. The master have 2 skills that are not covered by any other T3 worker. The wizard is the only one with runewriting (needed for most item lines once you get deeper into them), and the sculptor is the only one with woodworking.

With these 3 as your base, you have to decide which of the 2 remaining skills you want - Textile working or Tinkering. I would strongly recommend Textile working while your options are limited, as tinkering is only ever used in 3 item lines - guns, bows (crossbows) and projectiles (bombs). Textile working is used in 11 lines (one of these, projectiles, only have 1 blueprint using it).
Both the Seamstress and Artisan have textile working. It should make little difference which one of these 2 you choose, assuming you aim for balanced skills.

When you get your 5th worker slot, you should get the Seamstress or Artisan (the one you don't already have) unless you want to get started on tinkering items. This is because of the buildings they are tied to xp-wise (In my mind, you'd be more likely to invest in the buildings tied to these workers, so you'll benefit from the xp gain). If you want to make tinkering items, obviously get the Alchemist.

PS. If I were you, I'd save up for that 5th worker slot!
Blueprint progress: 1.59k
Retired mayor of Shop Villains!
Discord: Arcan#7665

Krash

Postby Krash » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:37 pm

This appears to be a common question that arises, both here on the forums and in the world chat within game.

Using 4 Tier 3 workers, you're unfortunately always going to miss out on 1 skill (as each worker carries 3 skills plus his mastery, with an overlap of skills).

I've often pointed people to here; http://shop-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Worker_Teams as it'll give you advice with other worker teams.

But what you need to think about is, as there is no actual best, what it is you're crafting most often;

If you're crafting herbs/potions;
Go for
Wizard - Magic/runecrafting/alchemy
Sculptor - Woodwork/Art and Crafts/Jewelery
and one other to diversify

If you're crafting Metal based armor/weaponry;
Go for
Master - metalwork/armorsmithing/weaponsmithing
Sculptor - woodwork/Arts and Crafts/Jewelery
Alchemist - Magic/Alchemy/tinkering

If you're crafting Leather/cloth based armor;
Go for
Seamstress - Arts and Crafts/Textiles/Armorsmithing
Artisan - Arts and Crafts/Textiles/Jewelery
and i'd recommend Wizard (see above) for later through craft lines

Guns;
requires tinkering and metal working as a basic (I'm not getting lazy now, just refer to the skills required above by each worker ;) )

Bows;
Woodwork/arts and crafts/weaponsmithing

Music;
arts and crafts/woodwork/textiles

Projectiles;
weaponsmithing/metalworking/alchemy/tinkering

Rings/pendants;
Jewelery/arts and crafts/textiles/woodwork/metalwork.

What you'll begin to find is that the sculptor is required for pretty much all of these, along with the wizard.

So although you're going to want the best you can push for, try for those two as definites and then play around with the others.

Hope this has helped.

Krash.

Demky

Postby Demky » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Arcan wrote:With these 3 as your base, you have to decide which of the 2 remaining skills you want - Textile working or Tinkering. I would strongly recommend Textile working while your options are limited, as tinkering is only ever used in 3 item lines - guns, bows (crossbows) and projectiles (bombs). Textile working is used in 11 lines (one of these, projectiles, only have 1 blueprint using it).
Both the Seamstress and Artisan have textile working. It should make little difference which one of these 2 you choose, assuming you aim for balanced skills.

if everybody do what you said, isn't Tinkering going to be the best skill to win gold on the market ?
your answer was from april 2016, is it still ok or is it outdated with the patch and all ?

My 4 workers are : Master; Scultor; Wizzard ;; Luthier.

I really don't know what to do next.
I'm actually at 0 gold but I don't know what next worker to take, If i remove textile (luthier) it look like I will lost 90% of my knowledge items but Artisans and Streamless would only be usefull to add textile to my build (both the 2 other skill re already here with others worker) so i don't know what to do. It look a bit waste to take a tier3 worker only for 1 skill but they win so much point when they level up.
Last edited by Demky on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:15 am

Demky wrote:
if everybody do what you said, isn't Tinkering going to be the best skill to win gold on the market ?
your answer was from april 2016, is it still ok or is it outdates with the patch and all ?

Nah. Tinkering is only used in bows, projectiles and there are very few item slots on heroes that only take those 3. (can only think of 1 or 2 projectile-only accessory slots off the top of my head)
I think the only relevant changes since april have been:
- Jack of all trades (paid) pack was released with its 11 skills, no mastery worker
- december patch lowered levels at which you unlock extra workers, so it's easier/quicker to get an all skills worker team _if_ you have the gold for the slots (the gold didn't change)

My 4 workers are : Master; Scultor; Wizzard ;; Luthier.

I really don't know what to do next.
I'm actually at 0 gold but I don't know what next worker to take, If i remove textile (luthier) it look like I will lost 90% of my knowledge items but Artisans and Streamless would only be usefull to add textile to my build (both the 2 other skill re already here with others worker) so i don't know what to do. It look a bit waste to take a tier3 worker only for 1 skill but they win so much point when they level up.

For 4x T3 workers, Master, Wizard, Artisan, Seamstress is probably still the best option, leaving out tinkering until your 5th worker, letting you craft all but bows, projectiles and guns.
If you leave out any other skill, you'll likely bump into "uncraftable" gaps in more than 3 lines.
Quick tip on switching workers: do that just before collecting from a full set of finished crafting slots. Worker exp is handed out when you collect from craft slots, so the new worker(s) will get the exp instead of the fired ones. In the case of a new level 1 worker being put into your team, that can lead to multiple levelups right then if the collected crafts include the worker skills the worker has...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Demky

Postby Demky » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:26 am

For 4x T3 workers, Master, Wizard, Artisan, Seamstress is probably still the best option

With those 4 worker, nobody can woodworking ??? isn't it a very important skill ?

letting you craft all but bows, projectiles and guns.

Shields, music, staff, hammers need woodworking

the only t3 with wood is Scultor :(

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Demky wrote:
For 4x T3 workers, Master, Wizard, Artisan, Seamstress is probably still the best option

With those 4 worker, nobody can woodworking ??? isn't it a very important skill ?

letting you craft all but bows, projectiles and guns.

Shields, music, staff, hammers need woodworking

the only t3 with wood is Scultor :(

Yep, sorry, I messed that up. :( Brain got dizzy from staring at the tiny icons, so I should have written the names out instead
and should have noticed the sneaky Sculptor had scrolled outside the window and he's indeed the one you want instead of the Artisan.
(artisan overlaps all of her skill with either Sculptor or Seastress)
So what I should have said: Master, Wizard, Sculptor, Seamstress has the 10 of 11 unique skills to craft the entirity of 22 of the 25 item lines.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Beginner Strategy”