Beginner Tutorial Videos

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Beginner Tutorial Videos

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi all!

We'll be doing a series of tutorial videos. What items would y'all like covered in these videos?

We'll be doing "Change Language/Account Linking" for starters.

Kucsmagomba
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Beginner Tutorial Videos

Postby Kucsmagomba » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Hello!

This is a great idea, its good to be newbie nowadays, so much interesting stuff!
Some topics come to my mind:

- general description and use of racks
- item rarity, the 3 type and where it can be seen
- city building types, which one gives what bonuses upon investing
- in parties, hero placement in relation of loot finding
- how Kuro Shobi's face looks like without her mask

Those I heard to be asked by new players, rack might be always good to be explained.
Oh and the last suggestion is optional. :)

TitanSmash
Community Moderator

Postby TitanSmash » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Kucsmagomba wrote:- item rarity, the 3 type and where it can be seen

Technically there are 4 rarity types.
Common / Uncommon / Rare / Exclusive
:)

Tutorial Videos

- General video about skill points, touch on workers skill points, workstation lvls, and talk about the importance of city boost.
- Everything about the Fusion Cauldron
Active Global Chat Question Answerer | Home City : Redemption | Chat me up if you want hugs and pets. ^_^

©TriMoon™
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby ©TriMoon™ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:26 pm

IMHO, the most viewed Tutorial video would be one that explains about Equipping your hero's with unbreakable items.
This video would therefore explain about break chances and effects of joining other cities in respect to hero levels and equipment as stated above...
It should also make sure the new player understands the benefits and risks of joining other cities.
The bigest risk, imho, is being unable to equip your hero's with unbreakable items because of the chance of your hero's getting too high level compared to your ability to craft Elite/Legendary items for their level...
Well thats all for now, 3M

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:42 am

©TriMoon™ wrote:The bigest risk, imho, is being unable to equip your hero's with unbreakable items because of the chance of your hero's getting too high level compared to your ability to craft Elite/Legendary items for their level...

That wouldn't be too useful a video, since in world chat those people would then get the advice "just equip normal and good on your heroes and sell high quality on the tradehouse and just let your gear break". Very few people will be having any heroes with 2+ epic/legendary items until those heroes are (nearly) level capped I think.
For nearly everyone checking their gear on every hero level-up will be too much effort.
(neither would you probably want a video on running heroes in their underwear to lower dungeons, since IMNSHO it's a silly loophole way to prevent breaks... My heroes fight the rat fully equipped. ;) )
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Dred0
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Dred0 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:43 am

I echo the racks tutorial - as part of a heart management tutorial. Set up a situation where you show racks being used to allow the keeper surcharge expensive items and get hearts back by suggesting and discounting other cheap items (that you also have racks for).

Another important part of racks that I didn't realise until later - using storage. The ease of swapping items in and out as you use them. As part of this you can show hiring and firing crafters (so people can see there is nothing to worry about using the fire function.

Equipping heroes - what the colours mean on the slots and breakage and rarity.

Achievements. Particularly taking people through the shop decoration achievement.

Using the market probably needs a tutorial.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:07 am

Dred0 wrote:I echo the racks tutorial - as part of a heart management tutorial. Set up a situation where you show racks being used to allow the keeper surcharge expensive items and get hearts back by suggesting and discounting other cheap items (that you also have racks for).

Another important part of racks that I didn't realise until later - using storage. The ease of swapping items in and out as you use them.

And add to that that racks only affects things that you sell to customers that started their walk after you placed the rack in your shop.

+/- 7 levels range compared to the customer's level on what items they accept, influence of item level and red/yellow/green affinity on suggest cost.

+5 shopkeeper levels on what the tradehouse shows (not sure if the same applies to the chest screen too)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

©TriMoon™
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby ©TriMoon™ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:19 am

Shiroe wrote:
©TriMoon™ wrote:The bigest risk, imho, is being unable to equip your hero's with unbreakable items because of the chance of your hero's getting too high level compared to your ability to craft Elite/Legendary items for their level...

That wouldn't be too useful a video, since in world chat those people would then get the advice "just equip normal and good on your heroes and sell high quality on the tradehouse and just let your gear break". Very few people will be having any heroes with 2+ epic/legendary items until those heroes are (nearly) level capped I think.
For nearly everyone checking their gear on every hero level-up will be too much effort.
(neither would you probably want a video on running heroes in their underwear to lower dungeons, since IMNSHO it's a silly loophole way to prevent breaks... My heroes fight the rat fully equipped. ;) )

I artificially cap'ed my heros at L7 at moment and have equiped them with a few Elite/Legendary items for their level, imho THAT's how we're supposed to play. (And it's more fun for me also this way)
Doing this my hero's don't break equipment even at these levels and i can concentrate on fusing more Elite/Legendy stuff for them including higher items for when i allow them to jump a level higher... ;)
Well thats all for now, 3M

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:32 am

©TriMoon™ wrote:I artificially cap'ed my heros at L7 at moment and have equiped them with a few Elite/Legendary items for their level, imho THAT's how we're supposed to play. (And it's more fun for me also this way)
Doing this my hero's don't break equipment even at these levels and i can concentrate on fusing more Elite/Legendy stuff for them including higher items for when i allow them to jump a level higher... ;)

Fusing normal/good to epic/legendary gear for equipping vs equipping normal/good, dealing with a break every 2-3 quests and selling the rest to the customers will mean a gold (and exp) advantage to the latter. (maybe if you min/max / micromanage very well you save some crafting slot time and rare resources in the long run with the former...)

Some tutorial on cities and why it might not be smart to join a city of much higher investment than you might be useful.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:12 am

Any updates on when these videos will be available (if they are still planned) because I was actually considering doing them myself but I'll hold off it an official video is in the works.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Return to “Beginner Strategy”