Beginner FAQ!

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Beginner FAQ!

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:25 am

Hey guys,

Here are some of the common questions we've been receiving from new players! Please direct them here:

How do I expand my shop?
Please go into the "Furniture" menu (Anvil). There you will see a "+" button that says "Capacity" beside it. Click this button to open the Shop Expansion menu. You will see either a gold and gem option or a shield with the unlock level for gold and a gem option.

How do I hire more heroes/workers?
Heroes and Workers are unlocked through upgrading different buildings in the city. Please check out the player created spreadsheet for which building and level unlocks specific Heroes/Workers.

Additionally, to hire a worker you must also have an available slot or fire a current worker and fill that slot. You can enter this menu by clicking on the "+" button in the Workers menu (hammer icon). There you will see either a gold and gem option or a shield with the unlock level for gold and gem option.

What does the green shield and number mean?
The green shield above an item indicates that this item is the appropriate level in ratio to the Heroes level. Having a yellow or red shield on an item will increase the chance of the item breaking on quests. Additionally, having all green shield items equipped to a Hero will unlock a 25% bonus to the Hero's power.

The green number displayed means that you have the 25% set bonus active for that Hero. If the number is blue, that means that you have the city bonus added to that Hero. Please check the "Unlocked" tab in the building menu for specific bonuses.

How do I access trade?
The Trade House is unlocked at level 6. You can start to trade gems at level 15. You can enter the Trade House by clicking on the Scales icon shield at the left hand side of your screen.

How come I have no visitors?
It is not uncommon for a new customer to cycle in to the shop after a sale for 1-2-3 minutes. A specific customer may not return to your shop for a time if you refuse to sell to this customer. This is a long wait, but it is one time per refusal and will reset once you sell to that customer.

How do I look at cities?
Currently, you are unable to view other cities, but we plan on implementing this in the future.

What does the skill capacity on workbenches and workers do?
Your workers produce each of their discipline every minute, capped by your workstations.

An item's skills is the base to determine how much time it takes to craft it.

If an item requires 20 Metalworking and you have the blacksmith with 10 metalworking it will take you 2 minutes.

If your blacksmith has 20 metalworking but your metalworking station is capped at 10, you will still craft it in 2 minutes.

If you upgrade your metalworking station to 20 you will now craft it in 1 minute

Joining/leaving a city and what it does to your contributions?
You as the player get to keep your investments into the city where ever you go. Your investments will travel with you and cause upgrades in future cities. In turn, when you leave a city that city will downgrade to reflect your investments. Additionally, Heroes will re-lock if you move to a city that does not have the investment requirements. They will not lose any level progression or gear.

Please ask any other common questions in the comments below and we'll update!

Shiroe

Re: Beginner FAQ!

Postby Shiroe » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:55 am

cc_Tadaaah wrote:How do I hire more heroes/workers?
There you will see either a gold and gem option or a shield with the unlock level for gold and gem option.

More generalized: "how to unlock any type of slot without spending gems?
If the lefthand side doesn't list the unlock gold price, it lists the level requirement before the gold price becomes available. Plenty people still don't seem to make the connection from that number to player level...
Attachments
unlock_slots.jpg
unlock_slots.jpg (26.08 KiB) Viewed 17170 times
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 am

The blueprints offered by the innkeeper don't change (anymore)!

The blueprints offered by the innkeeper have been split into 3 lines:
  • Warrior: Swords, Axes, Maces, Spears, Armor, Helmet, Gauntlets, Boots, Shields
  • Rogue/Assassin: Daggers, Bows, Guns, Vests, Projectiles, Ring, Pendant, Instruments
  • Wizard: Staves, Clothes, Gloves, Hats, Shoes, Scrolls, Potions, Remedies
If you buy a blueprint using your fragments, the innkeeper will offer up the next one in that line and keep the other two offered blueprints the same (they are from the other two lines). (If you had already gotten that next blueprint from a chest, he will of course skip to the one after that in the same line)
This means that if you focus on just 1 of the 3 lines, you'll progress 3 times as fast towards higher level chest/fragment blueprint than if you pick evenly from all 3 lines.

(thanks to Tadaaah for the lines info)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Eric2190

Postby Eric2190 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:26 am

cc_Tadaaah wrote:
You as the player get to keep your investments into the city where ever you go. Your investments will travel with you and cause upgrades in future cities. In turn, when you leave a city that city will downgrade to reflect your investments.

Hi there, I have few questions regarding the investment.

1. Does it follow us along our travel to other city on our pre-invested allocation setting? For example, I have invested like 2m gold only on the townhall, and random small amount of gold on other buildings, and when I move to the 2nd city, will it still invests 2m gold on the townhall of my 2nd city? If it is, I hope that cloudcade will add the option to allocate the invested money on next city.

2. The new customers that come along when I joined a higher level city, are they still available for questing or appearing in the tavern after I moved to a lower level city? What happen to their current level and their equipped items? Will their level reverted back to its max level in the lower city?

3. The rare resource bin that I purchased and new workers I hired, will they stop producing the new resources and stop crafting the related-resource item? As the rare resource buildings no longer available in the lower level city.

It will be grateful if there is someone could answer my doubts. Tq :)
Player Level: 33, City: TheDragonPit (Rank 106) 6/6 T3 workers, 25/25 Heroes, Blueprints: 375, Crafted: 54.57K

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:16 am

Eric2190 wrote:
1. Does it follow us along our travel to other city on our pre-invested allocation setting? For example, I have invested like 2m gold only on the townhall, and random small amount of gold on other buildings, and when I move to the 2nd city, will it still invests 2m gold on the townhall of my 2nd city? If it is, I hope that cloudcade will add the option to allocate the invested money on next city.

Yes, investments always follow you. They are your personal stalkers. ;)
If you move from city A to city B, your 2m townhall investment will be subtracted from city A and added to city B, and the same for all the other investments.

Not completely sure on the other 2 questions, but I think that if by someone leaving a city a building drops below an "unlock" level, that person/resource/whatever that was unlocked is locked again until the "unlock" level on the building is reached again. (Though as far as I read I don't think any levels/items invested in the person/resource/whatever are lost) And similar for going to a lower city from a high city. (heck, if you kept everything intact from the high city, the rank 1 city would be selling "come here for a day to unlock everything" tickets to beginners. ;) )

Eric2190

Postby Eric2190 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Shiroe wrote:
Eric2190 wrote:

Yes, investments always follow you. They are your personal stalkers. ;)
If you move from city A to city B, your 2m townhall investment will be subtracted from city A and added to city B, and the same for all the other investments.

Not completely sure on the other 2 questions, but I think that if by someone leaving a city a building drops below an "unlock" level, that person/resource/whatever that was unlocked is locked again until the "unlock" level on the building is reached again. (Though as far as I read I don't think any levels/items invested in the person/resource/whatever are lost) And similar for going to a lower city from a high city. (heck, if you kept everything intact from the high city, the rank 1 city would be selling "come here for a day to unlock everything" tickets to beginners. ;) )

I see. The "locked until unlocked again" state seems to make sense. Just need someone with such experience to testify about it. Though the "come here for a day to unlock everything" tickets joke is really funny! :lol:
Player Level: 33, City: TheDragonPit (Rank 106) 6/6 T3 workers, 25/25 Heroes, Blueprints: 375, Crafted: 54.57K

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:16 am

Indeed, if you move to a different city, the content will lock until the needed level is reached. The progress and items equipped through these are not lost.

©TriMoon™
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby ©TriMoon™ » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Eric2190 wrote:
cc_Tadaaah wrote:
You as the player get to keep your investments into the city where ever you go. Your investments will travel with you and cause upgrades in future cities. In turn, when you leave a city that city will downgrade to reflect your investments.

2. The new customers that come along when I joined a higher level city, are they still available for questing or appearing in the tavern after I moved to a lower level city? What happen to their current level and their equipped items? Will their level reverted back to its max level in the lower city?

3. The rare resource bin that I purchased and new workers I hired, will they stop producing the new resources and stop crafting the related-resource item? As the rare resource buildings no longer available in the lower level city.

The below answers are my own experience with client v.1.0.53375
  1. Shiroe answered that quite nice.
  2. The new customers, and heros, will only still be available if the city you move to (or create yourself) has that customer unlocked.
    Their level, and exp, will stay intact untill you unlock them by any means later.
    Their items that you equiped them with will also stay on them.
  3. The resource bin(s) that you purchased will only keep producing if the resource is unlocked.
    Fe. Fabric needs the Textile Factory that is unlocked at Tannery Level 10
Well thats all for now, 3M

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:19 pm

©TriMoon™ wrote:
Eric2190 wrote:
cc_Tadaaah wrote:

The below answers are my own experience with client v.1.0.53375
  2. The new customers, and heros, will only still be available if the city you move to (or create yourself) has that customer unlocked.
    Their level, and exp, will stay intact untill you unlock them by any means later.
  3. The resource bin(s) that you purchased will only keep producing if the resource is unlocked.

You are very detailed oriented. I like you. :)

Pheelon
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Pheelon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:33 am

©TriMoon™ wrote:The below answers are my own experience with client v.1.0.53375

to add to that:
You keep any hired workers at their current level even if you move to a city that doesn't have the building/worker unlocked - you just won't be able to level them further.
Level: 40(Max) | Redemption

Return to “Beginner Strategy”