Beginner FAQ!

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
SurrealWitch

Re: Beginner FAQ!

Postby SurrealWitch » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:15 am

Hi, if been playing for last 3 weeks or so and decided to try a different town as mine doesn't invest a lot. So I found a town and they invest but don't talk at all so I want to go back to my original town but when I try it says this town will keep 8.1% of my investments why? I thought our investments were ment to follow us after 10 days?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:00 am

SurrealWitch wrote:Hi, if been playing for last 3 weeks or so and decided to try a different town as mine doesn't invest a lot. So I found a town and they invest but don't talk at all so I want to go back to my original town but when I try it says this town will keep 8.1% of my investments why? I thought our investments were ment to follow us after 10 days?

based on the "8.1%", I'm guessing you've been in that new city for 1-2 days. The "10 days" counter starts anew each time you switch cities, starting at 10% right then and going slowly down to 0% over the next 10 days.
The limitation was put in place to prevent people from constantly hopping around, which can be very annoying to cities (finally filling that last spot, only to have the person leave again 1-2 days later...)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

SurrealWitch

Postby SurrealWitch » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:17 am

Shiroe wrote:
SurrealWitch wrote:Hi, if been playing for last 3 weeks or so and decided to try a different town as mine doesn't invest a lot. So I found a town and they invest but don't talk at all so I want to go back to my original town but when I try it says this town will keep 8.1% of my investments why? I thought our investments were ment to follow us after 10 days?

based on the "8.1%", I'm guessing you've been in that new city for 1-2 days. The "10 days" counter starts anew each time you switch cities, starting at 10% right then and going slowly down to 0% over the next 10 days.
The limitation was put in place to prevent people from constantly hopping around, which can be very annoying to cities (finally filling that last spot, only to have the person leave again 1-2 days later...)

Oh ok thank you, I didn't realize my investments in my old town left straight away and followed me. The loading screen text is worded such that I thought it took ten days after you leave for your investments to follow to new town . I wouldn't have left if I knew I couldn't go back if I didn't like new town. I prefur my friendly town that doesn't invest much but talks allot to this new one that invests allot but hasn't said a word to me in chat .

MagicCookies

Postby MagicCookies » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:07 am

Thanks for explaining these FAQ questions in your FAQ thread, i was wondering about these two below and you answered them for me, thanks alot!

What does the skill capacity on workbenches and workers do?

Joining/leaving a city and what it does to your contributions?

Return to “Beginner Strategy”