Time for a proper introduction.

Please introduce yourself and make new friends.
Tethys

Time for a proper introduction.

Postby Tethys » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi everybody, I'm Te…

Um one second please… grabs a cup of hot chocolate and puts on some fuzzy slippers

That's better, boy oh boy it's starting to get cold up here. Now as I was going to say, my name is Tethys, and I'll be one of your new moderators here on the forums ;).

So a little bit about me, well I'm the titaness of clo… uh… hm I don't think I was supposed to mention that part, let me go ask Darkis (don't fire me!) to see if I can continue that sentence…

More importantly than what my name means is what experience I bring to the table and well there is quite a lot of it.

Firstly I've been gaming for a very long time. Some of my first gaming experiences were playing the older Blizzard games such as Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 and Starcraft. Man those are some great memories, I particularly enjoyed spending whole evenings playing Diablo 2 with friends and trying to not die to those bloody Knights in Act 4 or slaying thousands of cows. Recently I've been getting my hands dirty in Path of Exile and replaying (and building) a bunch of LEGO games. As I know I'll be asked this question, I'll just save everybody the trouble, my favourite game series in The Witcher although I have yet to play the third installment because I'll probably end up crying once it's over…

As for my actual administrating/moderating experience well I've been moderating game forums for several years now in both official and unofficial capacities so I've been around the block.

Lastly for my goals and objectives with this forum:

1) I'll be taking over the FAQ revamp project as Darkis has his hands bloody full (enjoying that SF food too much I take it…) including getting help from the community in translating the FAQ to various languages.

2) I'll also be looking to clean up the forums. Mainly archiving old forum posts that don't really serve a purpose anymore, moving threads to proper places, locking very old threads, and just general house cleaning. Don't worry these threads will still be visible (hopefully).

3) Depending on how things are going I may look to start running a few more community events of different natures with unique prizes. Who knows maybe one of those prizes will be a 4th *cough storage* chest.

4) I may also look into revamping the Wikia and having it translated into various languages as well. I know there would be a lot of overlap with the incredible Shop Heroes spreadsheet (Thanks for maintaining it Azbander!) but for me personally when playing the game on my phone, the wikia would be a lot easier to manage and look at.

Now please note that aside from the FAQ re-work, most of these are projects I'm HOPING to complete, they are not set in stone and are not guaranteed to be completed or started.

That's about it for my introduction, if you have any comments, questions or concerns feel free to leave them below and I'll do my best to reply to you quickly :)

Have a great day!

Tethys.
COMMUNITY MODERATOR, NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF CLOUDCADE
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: Time for a proper introduction.

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:20 pm

Welcome!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:48 am

Tethys wrote:4) I may also look into revamping the Wikia and having it translated into various languages as well. I know there would be a lot of overlap with the incredible Shop Heroes spreadsheet (Thanks for maintaining it Azbander!) but for me personally when playing the game on my phone, the wikia would be a lot easier to manage and look at.

At one point there was a discussion on maybe moving to another wiki host, since wikia is rather ad-spammy to those not logged into a wikia account, but because of the general lack of wiki editors, that never went beyond a few pages... :(
Also: the current wikia uses some advanced, multi-layer template wizardry that's not very well documented, which probably makes it hard to tweak things other than just adding missing pages. Templates are nice, but less so if they are black-box-ish "I'll just 100% copy-paste from this other page, since I don't know what these variables are and don't want to risk breaking things". :( (don't really have the time to go through them and check which ones are used and which ones aren't, which ones are just used by other templates and what the settable variables/needed files are for the used ones)

I think at one time there also was the idea to "steal" some layout stuff for the item pages from the Japanese wiki at http://shopheroes.wiki.fc2.com/ , but again for lack of editors on the English wiki that went nowhere. (I wouldn't be surprised if that Japanese wiki is (still) more up-to-date than the English wikia.)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Pixie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Pixie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:01 am

Welcome :D

forums in need of some tlc and positivity, looking forward to those community events :)
Discord Pixie#5181

Monkey King

Postby Monkey King » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:23 pm

Welcome. Looking forward to the wiki updates :)

Tethys

Postby Tethys » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Shiroe wrote:
Tethys wrote:4) I may also look into revamping the Wikia and having it translated into various languages as well. I know there would be a lot of overlap with the incredible Shop Heroes spreadsheet (Thanks for maintaining it Azbander!) but for me personally when playing the game on my phone, the wikia would be a lot easier to manage and look at.

At one point there was a discussion on maybe moving to another wiki host, since wikia is rather ad-spammy to those not logged into a wikia account, but because of the general lack of wiki editors, that never went beyond a few pages... :(
Also: the current wikia uses some advanced, multi-layer template wizardry that's not very well documented, which probably makes it hard to tweak things other than just adding missing pages. Templates are nice, but less so if they are black-box-ish "I'll just 100% copy-paste from this other page, since I don't know what these variables are and don't want to risk breaking things". :( (don't really have the time to go through them and check which ones are used and which ones aren't, which ones are just used by other templates and what the settable variables/needed files are for the used ones)

I think at one time there also was the idea to "steal" some layout stuff for the item pages from the Japanese wiki at http://shopheroes.wiki.fc2.com/ , but again for lack of editors on the English wiki that went nowhere. (I wouldn't be surprised if that Japanese wiki is (still) more up-to-date than the English wikia.)

I'm not sure what I would do regarding the wikia revamp just yet. It will definitely require research into what's available and lots of planning. I'll probably look at getting suggestions in a dedicated topic once the FAQ and forum cleanup are in good spots. Thanks for the suggestions though :)

Thank you for all the welcomes and I hope everybody is preparing for this week of events :D
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Thank you for the introduction and welcome to the forum. I wish you nerves of steel and let the exiting honeymoon period of joining a new project lasts as long as possible.

Out of curiosity how long have you been playing shop heroes (how far you are and what are your goals), what brought you to it the game and how would you describe your experience so far?

Lionstar

litari
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby litari » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:16 am

Welcome :D

Just curious: any ETA on when the FAQ-revamp and wiki-revamp will start for real? I'd love to help out in any way I can ;)
In-game: litari#54358, First knife crafted: 22/03/16, City: Eolythes, Level: 57, NW: 264.8G, Items unlocked: 582, Packs owned: 2 (sig updated: 17-09-17)

Tethys

Postby Tethys » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Lionstar wrote:Thank you for the introduction and welcome to the forum. I wish you nerves of steel and let the exiting honeymoon period of joining a new project lasts as long as possible.

Out of curiosity how long have you been playing shop heroes (how far you are and what are your goals), what brought you to it the game and how would you describe your experience so far?

Lionstar

What honeymoon period? :)

I've been playing SH for oh quite a while now and I'm probably in the mid-late game area depending on your definition, done lots of reading, got quite a good sense of the game but can always learn more. Goals currently are continuing to upgrade the shop and the furniture, continue working on my teams (still need a few of those pesky golden BPs), attempting to get GT (maybe I'll get Darkis to fix that one...) and eventually expanding the city. I was recommended the game by a close friend of mine (whom still plays the game!).

As for my experience well...

The Game: The game is pretty good but it definitely needs some work and polishing.
-The UI could use some reworking and additions
-The chat system works… and that's about it, it really needs a decent overhaul
-The balancing can be a bit funky and some of it feels a bit punishing
-The chest system… yeah…
-Lots of samey artwork
-Music is lovely
-TH system is nice but could use some work
-GT seems so awesome (Darkis please)
-Pretty darn fair for free players.

While it looks like I have a lot of negative points, only a few are truly negative. The rest are mostly systems that could be improved to be more modern and to catch up with the innovations that have happened since release. I still enjoy the game, though I have tuned how much I actually play to fit more in-line with what this game is a mobile game.

There is a second aspect to this game and that is the community. To put it a bit bluntly, it needs some work from all parties. The following may sound pretty harsh but it sort of needs to be said to hopefully get everybody to start working towards a better future. Firstly, I get there is a lot of frustration (I'm frustrated as well) but the amount of negativity is just overbearing sometimes and frankly off-putting. The amount of cherry-picking and deceptive, baiting, "playing dumb" and antagonizing comments have got to stop, it just gets us nowhere. At the same time CC and Darkis are not innocent either, though I won't go into those things publically, Darkis does know my opinion on such matters. Lastly the armchair developer/community manager/ceo talk does nobody any favours. A lot of these issues really have a negative effect on the playerbase and for a new player looking inwards can scream *RUN AWAY*

A tip I have for everybody, company and playerbase alike, is to just take a break. If the frustration is getting overwhelming or you just can't stand something anymore and want to lash out, just walk away and stop playing for a couple days or even a few weeks. I've done it several times, typically for a week or two and it helps me to calm down greatly.

I think I'll stop there as I'm probably reaching the post limit. Thanks for the welcome and the question.

Anyways back to preparing for double xp :).

Iitari: FAQ reworking will start once I get a formal plan laid out and a solid framework for how I want things to progress. Look for it to start later next week. The framework (AoS :D) should allow for those that help, work a lot faster and with more structure. Wiki will be after FAQ :)

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Welcome to the forums! It's exciting to see the FAQ revamp finally happening, let us know when/how we can help. :)

Return to “Introductions”