A New CM Joins the Fray!

Please introduce yourself and make new friends.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: A New CM Joins the Fray!

Postby cc_Darkis » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:26 am

Speadie wrote:Any plans to say hello in World Chat? And who is second CM? will we get to know them too?

Oh yes indeed! Getting all that set up as we speak, so you guys should see me in game off and on. As for more CM peeps, we are working on that.

All Staff on the CS/CM team will be talking to you guys via in game, forums and in discord when the time comes.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Weewee

Postby Weewee » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:45 pm

"... when time comes"
Time, we all have given this game too much of it...

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:19 am

It seems you are favouring an outside chat app over your own in game chat... Bizarre

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:56 am

Speadie wrote:It seems you are favouring an outside chat app over your own in game chat... Bizarre

I do not think that is the case as some adjustments are being made in game for the system. Currently if I chat with you guys in game, it goes to everyone regardless if they want to take part etc.

Same if I was carrying on a conversation with just one person and that could upset/spam folks. :cry:

Once that is fixed, you can bet I'll be in game chatting it up and doing things with you guys so fast it'll make your head spin!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:42 pm

You could chat as a player and not GameMaster though. That wouldnt annoy people.

Also, we used to get GameMaster anouncements telling us about schedule maintenace in x amount of time and downtime etc. These were really useful. I think more announcements such as "Hey, check out the forums for latest news" etc would be helpful too. Encouraging people to speak in world chat must surely be better for the game than encouraging them to use outside chats.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Speadie wrote:You could chat as a player and not GameMaster though. That wouldnt annoy people.

Also, we used to get GameMaster anouncements telling us about schedule maintenace in x amount of time and downtime etc. These were really useful. I think more announcements such as "Hey, check out the forums for latest news" etc would be helpful too. Encouraging people to speak in world chat must surely be better for the game than encouraging them to use outside chats.

I can see if we can make a simple tweak to have me as a player look official. Thing is, I speak for the company for the most part and if that isn't made very clear to those in the chat, all sorts of issues can happen and they will.

That's one of the main reasons to get the chat upgraded for the most part and also, get in the approved suggestions players have made for quite some time now.

My goal is to be very active in the in game chat and same for the team overall.

When folks are not in the game, I'd love for them to be either here, on our Social pages, in Discord and any where else we have a presence at.

Eat, Sleep, Live. Shop Heroes. :lol:

For the maintence announcements, patch in bound, your very right. Working on getting that back on track.

For the news announcements, that to is getting a work over and anything I post, also needs to be translated for all players which can take a bit of time to get done.

That is a tool being worked over and I'm sure you know how important it is not only for myself, but the community.

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Darkis nice of you to drop into WC and say hello, now get out of it.

While you are in one chat announcing stuff and answering questions, everyone else can see your messages with no context. And of course very few in WC know this and are asking stuff you can't even see.

Also until your announced improved chat system is in effect, and you can keep yourself to one chat; please type out full messages so only one message pops up instead of 3 that could have fit in one message. The [Game Master] account cannot be reported for spam but it's certainly guilty of it.

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Disagree with above. Thanks for livening up chat. Hope to you see more of it. (but yes with better system in place )

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 pm

aks47u wrote:Darkis nice of you to drop into WC and say hello, now get out of it.

While you are in one chat announcing stuff and answering questions, everyone else can see your messages with no context. And of course very few in WC know this and are asking stuff you can't even see.

Also until your announced improved chat system is in effect, and you can keep yourself to one chat; please type out full messages so only one message pops up instead of 3 that could have fit in one message. The [Game Master] account cannot be reported for spam but it's certainly guilty of it.

Sorry about that! I did have a few devices near me checking the chats and getting use to how the system currently works!

I'll do a more single channel chat next time, but....I so made a splash :lol:

I appreciate everyone for suffering through it or joining in on the fun. Was a great experience for myself!

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:30 pm

I've no problem with Darkis saying hello, it's actually good to see. I do have a problem though with the popup spam caused by the current chat system when a GM talks.

Return to “Introductions”