A New CM Joins the Fray!

Please introduce yourself and make new friends.
Tomblade
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: A New CM Joins the Fray!

Postby Tomblade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Welcome to the community.

Prometheus
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Prometheus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Welcome to the community Darkis!

Unfortunately, Shop Heroes has been in a downturn lately due to recent changes/lack of content and too many people left the game already.
The previous CM didn't seem to listen to the community at all, ignored all requests/suggestions and that just gave us a really bad feeling about the game in general. Moreover, several events the previous CM created were bugged and the prizing was extremely off the clock. Also, patch notes usually had weird typos/forum coding errors that would get corrected many hours later.

Perhaps you can change this 'general bad feeling' about the game by doing better than the previous CM.

Cheers!

Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Sumolix » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:34 am

Hello, welcome and good luck :geek:

Orblit

Postby Orblit » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Work wise I started working in the Gaming Industry in the Mid 2000's before mobile games became the juggernaut they are today. I still miss my razr flip phone...

My first gig was pretty much doing alpha testing as a volunteer for upcoming Free to Play MMORPG's coming to the market from over seas and I wouldn't trade those days for anything.

I learned quite a bit about the various stages of game development and the amount of work it takes for folks to get thing's fixed...more times than not, it's not easily done sadly.

Also it was a pretty exciting time back then as the concept of a F2P was just making it's headway over here in North America and was something very new to a lot of folks (even shocking to say the least).

This ultimately led me getting into being a Game Master and setting up one of the first AAA F2P titles in America which had me focused on community engagement via forums, in-game and of course, the Support side of things.

Welcome Darkis!

Thank you for the introduction!

MMORPG's was indeed becoming big in the mid 2000s. Can I ask you which game was the upcoming Free to Play MMORPG's coming to the market from over seas?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:17 am

Duly noted folks on how the experience for you all has been in the past and I agree you should feel upset about it. Give us a fair chance to get the winds of change in place and I'm sure you'll be very happy with the end results.

A lot of the major issues are not going to be fixed over night but as we take steps in the right direction with what you all have to say, I feel confident with the game plan in place.

Now for some Q and A!

"Why doesn't anyone in Aragonia wear pants???" Too much work but it's okay, we can mod it in later! Outside of that, I seriously can not recall why they don't or would even need too!

"Can I ask you which game was the upcoming Free to Play MMORPG's coming to the market from over seas?" Runes of Magic during the good times it had!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello and welcome to the community! I look forward to seeing what the future of Shop Heroes holds. We're all here to have a good time.

Lately, a lot of us have been feeling a little grumpy, and have started trying to create fun where there once was fun, but the fun isn't there anymore. And the fun that we've created for ourselves is also starting to not be as fun anymore. Our most frequently posted discussions are rehashed arguments that have already happened, several times, that never make anyone happy.

All we are looking for is something fun to do. There's so much to do in this sensory overload of a world, it's very easy for people to get hyped up over a game, or lose interest and go somewhere else.

"You do good by the community, the community will do good by you." -Catgirl Darthos

SecretWishes88

Postby SecretWishes88 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 am

That's a great waymto say that! There is always something fun to do. You just have to look!

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Hello from Elmwood!!

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:46 am

WingDingo wrote:Hello and welcome to the community! I look forward to seeing what the future of Shop Heroes holds. We're all here to have a good time.

Lately, a lot of us have been feeling a little grumpy, and have started trying to create fun where there once was fun, but the fun isn't there anymore. And the fun that we've created for ourselves is also starting to not be as fun anymore. Our most frequently posted discussions are rehashed arguments that have already happened, several times, that never make anyone happy.

All we are looking for is something fun to do. There's so much to do in this sensory overload of a world, it's very easy for people to get hyped up over a game, or lose interest and go somewhere else.

"You do good by the community, the community will do good by you." -Catgirl Darthos

The Team here has a lot of great ideas getting into place now to make things a bit more fun and engaging here on the forums, but also on our Facebook/Twitter.

I'm very excited to see them get rolled out and I hope everyone else feels the same when they see them first hand. As for the rehashed arguments and discussions, well we need to turn that into something constructive in a creative way so we can take that feedback to the team.

"As for questions...
Ultima Online or Everquest?"

Big fan of Everquest! At this point I'd settle for a remake of Champions of Norrath lol. :D
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

dodonpachi

Postby dodonpachi » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Hello and welcome !!

Hope you enjoy the game and the people ^_^

Return to “Introductions”