A New CM Joins the Fray!

Please introduce yourself and make new friends.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

A New CM Joins the Fray!

Postby cc_Darkis » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Greetings fellow Shop Masters!

As you can probably tell already, I'm the new guy here on the Community Team and wanted to drop a line to you as a quick introduction of sorts. Today's actually my First day!

Hello! Nice to Meet You!

Okay the easy part is now out of the way so let's get onto the more meaty things such as a bit about me and some history.

I've been a gamer since the early NES days and I've never looked back! I have such a massive passion for gaming in general and feel it's more than just a hobby in my opinion. It's a Lifestyle!

The experiences it can create and be shared, the amazing stories to be told and everything in between is just mind blowing and I'm sure many of you feel the same way, to various degrees of course!

Work wise I started working in the Gaming Industry in the Mid 2000's before mobile games became the juggernaut they are today. I still miss my razr flip phone...

My first gig was pretty much doing alpha testing as a volunteer for upcoming Free to Play MMORPG's coming to the market from over seas and I wouldn't trade those days for anything.

I learned quite a bit about the various stages of game development and the amount of work it takes for folks to get thing's fixed...more times than not, it's not easily done sadly.

Also it was a pretty exciting time back then as the concept of a F2P was just making it's headway over here in North America and was something very new to a lot of folks (even shocking to say the least).

This ultimately led me getting into being a Game Master and setting up one of the first AAA F2P titles in America which had me focused on community engagement via forums, in-game and of course, the Support side of things.

Once I was done there after a few years and was ready to move on, I joined a company to help set up the US Operations from the ground up.

Talk about a lot of work but it was an experience that quickly expanded my knowledge in regards to Community and Customer Support for the best.

Sadly that was a short term gig and the market at that time was overrun with F2P's at that point so I took a chance with another start up but this time in the mobile space. What a world of difference that was!

Fast forward quite some years later and I'm still here with a continuing passion to engage with Our Games Community and deliver triple AAA Support across the board.

So just moving on!

My goal was to always treat folks how you yourself wanted to be treated (easier said than done btw!) and to always remember, be thou for the player!

No one want's a negative experience and to be honest, why should they if it can be avoided?!

I will be poking around the boards as I get into the trenches with you all this week and I hope to share some of the thing's that I wish to do overall and of course addressing Your concerns, as you deserve that by far.

Also feel free to ask some questions to get to know me and I will answer them through the week (I'll add them to the OP as well).

Thanks Everyone and Happy Gaming!

CC_Darkis

Q and A:

1)Just so there's no confusion in the future, are you male or female or alien? Male but would go for alien any day!

2)What is your favorite color? Purple hands down.

3)Is a hotdog a sandwich? I would go with no as a hamburger isn't a sandwich, sorta it's own thing.

4)Is cereal soup? Cold Soup!

5)Name a few of your favorite games! Any platform.

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Oblivion
Star Ocean End of Time
Star Tropics 1 and 2
Dragon Quest 3 (aka Dragon Warrior over here) and 8
KotoR
Dark Cloud
Halo 2

Current Fav:
Zelda Botw

Just a few that come to mind!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Richard
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: A New CM Joins the Fray!

Postby Richard » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:24 pm

Welcome Darkis!

Thanks for the introduction, I have a few questions for you to get things started!

• Just so there's no confusion in the future, are you male or female or alien?
  • What is your favorite color?
  • Is a hotdog a sandwich?
  • Is cereal soup?
  • Name a few of your favorite games! Any platform.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Richard wrote:
  • Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Thank you, Richard, for asking the tough questions off the bat.

Welcome to Shop Heroes! Glad to have you along for the ride.

I have a couple follow-up questions depending on how the hot dog question goes, no pressure.

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby akerson » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Hey darkis, welcome aboard to our little family :D

There's a lot to dig through and catch up on, and doing that you'll likely find a lot of animosity from players to the old CM tadaaah (if Di didn't already catch you up on it). So I just want to say what went wrong (hopefully on the behalf of everyone, but I'm sure people have their own reasons).

Please please please just join us in our excitement for our random player-run contests, give a crap about all the super cool player-created tools we have made and likely will continue to make, and make us feel like you care when we're frustrated about things and take some time to understand our side. I don't expect anyone to think you're going to fix things (that kind of stuff is outside your control), but Tadaaah was so dismissive when people vented their frustrations. If you want to go above and beyond, we've always had a pipe dream of CC supplying prizes for our contests we put so much time into (such as the raid contest going on). Basically, be our friend and be involved in the community and we will be happy :D

Either way, normally I'd invite you to my drunk stream to say hey - but we've changed over to a aragonia-inspired D&D stream so it'll have to be a bit more low key :D welcome aboard!

Oh, my turn for questions! Why doesn't anyone in Aragonia wear pants???

Edit: Also, we have a discord channel that's fairly active, https://discord.me/shopheroes if you want to join!
Last edited by akerson on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

DeeDee

Postby DeeDee » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Welcome Darkis, very happy to have you in SH!
Last edited by DeeDee on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Hey Darkis, welcome to shop heroes! Have you had time to get acquainted with the game yet? Feel free to ask us if you have any questions, and I hope we'll get to see you around world chat in the game sometimes :)

qndel

Postby qndel » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:15 pm

Hello!

Lionstar

Postby Lionstar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Finally the arrival of The One from the Shop Heroes prophecies!

You have no idea how much the community welcomes someone new to become the connecting link between us and the developers.

Its been a very bumpy ride past year to put it very mildly and we are very excited for the future. Although very apprehensive we stand united to give it a one last go!

You have to know that we are very passionate about this little game and our frustration usually comes from that fact that we care about what happens to it. Too many good friends left us already and we would not want to see more to go.

I would be more than happy to recommend some of the older threads to get you up to speed whit what was happening here in the past so the history does not repeat itself and so you could underline some of the major issues we have been dealing with.

I can not wait for this new chapter to unfold in front of us!

The best of luck, nerves of steel, don't get discouraged, be straight forward with us and you will be golden.

Lion*

Pixie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Pixie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:41 am

Welcome Darkis :)

We have a great community here, it's just been rather negative lately which is sad to see. I hope you can turn that around and we can get back to the fun community it used to be. No pressure :lol:
Discord Pixie#5181

Hiws

Postby Hiws » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:51 am

Return to “Introductions”