Issues in the portuguese translation

Help us improve in-game translations across multiple languages.
Forum rules
We did our best by hiring experts in the gaming space to help us translate Shop Heroes across multiple languages, however, we realize that there is always room for improvement and therefore would like to enlist the help of our community to help us better these translations.
wourlang

Issues in the portuguese translation

Postby wourlang » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi, I play the portuguese version of the game and noticed two issues, so far. The item "Horned Helm", translates to "Elmo com Chifres", and you got that right, but in the game it reads "Elmo com Cifres", missing the 'h', just a typo. And in the avatar customization screen, where you get to choose your outfit, the item category "Back" is incorrectly translated as "Voltar". "Voltar" is the verb that means to go back, not the noun referring to the back of the character. In my opinion, the correct translation would be "Costas".

Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Issues in the portuguese translation

Postby Sumolix » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:05 am

wourlang wrote:Hi, I play the portuguese version of the game and noticed two issues, so far. The item "Horned Helm", translates to "Elmo com Chifres", and you got that right, but in the game it reads "Elmo com Cifres", missing the 'h', just a typo. And in the avatar customization screen, where you get to choose your outfit, the item category "Back" is incorrectly translated as "Voltar". "Voltar" is the verb that means to go back, not the noun referring to the back of the character. In my opinion, the correct translation would be "Costas".

Voltar also means "turn" which might be the correct translation if you want to turn the avatar to face its "costas" that means his "back". So maybe there is no miss translation on that issue

Return to “Translations & Localization”