"Upload" or replace file on google play

Ask for help from veteran players and find answers not listed in the FAQ.
Forum rules
You can find answers to our FAQs within our in-game support system, also available at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com
AppaAppa

"Upload" or replace file on google play

Postby AppaAppa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:40 pm

I downloaded the game last year via Google Play and disconnected all sync because, you know, privacy paranoia.
The phone that I downloaded it to is ready for the trash, so I downloaded the game (via Play) on a new device. Opened it and realized the info didn't transfer because I didn't sync.
Back to the old phone, I clicked to connect with Google Play, and it gave me an alert that said "Your account already exists, the application will restart" and it brought me to the beginning tutorial of the beginning of the game.

Is there anyway to sync or "upload" my level 37 shopkeeper game to Play at this point? Or to replace the Play file they have that has me as just starting the tutorial?

Anyway to get my game over to my new device at all?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: "Upload" or replace file on google play

Postby Shiroe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 pm

So I guess your lvl 37 account is just linked to device ID. (all game progress data is still stored on the Shop Heroes server of course)

They might be able to link to google play games or device ID of the new phone by sending a ticket to http://cloudcade.helpshift.com/
with the in-game shopkeepername#IDnumber of the accounts on your old phone and new phone and telling which one you want to keep in the linking and which one can be destroyed. They'll probably ask for some proof of ownership info for both accounts (real money purchace statements or if none probably amount of gems and some other info) .

PS: linking to "google play games" is safer than defaulting back to device ID, since I think device ID can change on a factory reset of a phone/tablet.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi, please contact support via the link in my signature and they should be able to help you get everything sorted out.

Tethys.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

AppaAppa

Postby AppaAppa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Thank you for fast response.
I did email them through their "contact us" button in-game. I sent them a screen shot of my character info (shopkeeper#id, net worth, BPs etc etc) and told them more briefly than above what the issue was.
I just figured it might be days for them to get back with me and was hopeful I'd get a solution sooner on the forum. While it looks like I'll still have to wait for Support, your response has made me much more optimistic than I was before!

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Support should get back to you within a day or so. Typically the longer delays occur due to holidays/major problems with the game.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

Mitrax
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 am

If you are connected, so please disconnect, play "new account without connect" through tutorial first. Than connect to Google Play. Your account will be restored.
It's a bug, that on new devices you have to play tutorial first, before connection of Google works fine.

Regards
Mitrax

AppaAppa

Postby AppaAppa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:32 am

Played through tutorial to where it told me to enter a screen name, which i did. then tried connect, old game did not restore, now i feel like i've really, for sure made a new account.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:58 am

AppaAppa wrote:Played through tutorial to where it told me to enter a screen name, which i did. then tried connect, old game did not restore, now i feel like i've really, for sure made a new account.

So I guess you now probably have 3 game accounts:
a) 1 linked to the device ID of the old phone (when google play isn't connected in the game's account settings)
b) 1 linked to Google Play Games (when google play _is_ connected in the game's account settings)
c) 1 linked to the device ID of the new phone, provided you didn't select google play games as type to connect to right at the start?

So you probably want them to link it so the game account from a) is accessed if you use b) or c) on the new phone...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Help & Questions”