Some questions from new player

Ask for help from veteran players and find answers not listed in the FAQ.
Forum rules
You can find answers to our FAQs within our in-game support system, also available at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com
Skoup

Some questions from new player

Postby Skoup » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:35 am

I have been playing for some weeks and have some questions that I was unable to find answers for:

1)What is the endgame exactly? I can already raid the third city raid stage ( 250K power required) with 2 6slotted energetic teams, and eventually I will be able to send everyone there. I also have 1 normal quest to unlock ( ring of fire) , and I can already raid the previous one( 250k power required). However, I am mostly using cheap, low lvl items and nowhere near the best in slot items for every hero.Whenever i get to that point, what am i supposed to do with those items if I am already beating the top raids?Is arena the only place to use those items?
2)How am I supposed to farm keys? Is the only way to do so, to farm gems and trade them with keys? Shouldn't there be a more direct method to grind them? Using 6slotted teams do not seem to have any result and personally even though i sent hundreds of teams I do not recollect getting a key.It might have happened once or twice , but I do not remember it.Also keys from raids are just too few to unlock blueprints at a reasonable speed. Going to golden keys and up, if the only way to get keys is to buy them with gems, it seems extremely costly and slow.

Thanks for your time.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Some questions from new player

Postby Shiroe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:00 am

1) end game is mostly "make up your own goal", such as "get 4 revive teams" or "get/master all blueprints", "get into top of arena ranking" etc.
Hmm, no. Ring of Fire was the last quest up to december 2016, when Tainted Grove and Primal Lair were added. If you are using the wiki as main source of info, it's hopelessly outdated for lack of editors. :( The http://bit.ly/shopheroes spreadsheet is the most up to date source of info.
(from that spreadsheet: Primal Lair is 750k party, 100k individual power for green face at its first tier.

2) mostly from raid, the 48 special orders and indeed the tradehouse. Most people probably feel lucky if they get 1-2 keys/month from roulette, bags and quest loot combined. (you'll probably fragment and gem progress than straight up keys from quest loot)
So unfortunately a big chunk of the mountains of gems needed to get chest blueprints comes from people selling their gems away on the tradehouse (which is a bit of a pyramid scheme relying on most of the newer players quitting the game before they turn from gem sellers to gem buyers)
BTW, for golden key and up, supply is so low that tradehouse prices for those are around the price to open the chest without a key.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Mitrax
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:07 am

Endgame is just to fuse of best gear for heroes 100% Energetic/Revive with Support and increasing the number of raiditems (Treasure Hunter/Scavanger/Magic Find/Detect Secrets). Takes years :cry:

But there is more:
- all blueprints discovered/masterd
- master all quest's
- improve city to max including upgrades by crown jewels (gained from arena)
- get maxed heroes/workers
- make a nice shop (buy all equipment :roll: )
- costomize your "hero" (buy all items :roll: )
- be lvl 99 FIRST :lol:

Regards
Mitrax

Arty
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Arty » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:20 am

Skoup wrote:2)How am I supposed to farm keys?
keys from raids are just too few to unlock blueprints at a reasonable speed.

For many weeks now I am sending 400+ 6-hero-teams to the raid every weekend, and I get a key maybe once a month. I guess the chance for a key from a quest is 0.1% or less. For the roulette it's similarly rare. During my 1873 spins now I got maybe 5 keys. The last one was months ago though, before the chances had been updated. And I have never ever gotten a key from a loot bag. Probably 1000+ opened.

Raiding rewards, dayily spins, and loot bags (from various sources) are by in by far not sufficient to gather enough keys for the hundreds of chests needed to aquire all the blueprints. This is not surprising though. Afterall, this stuff is designed to get you to spend money on gems. That said, gems - and thus chest contents - are accessible through gameplay much easier than in many other games. Although a good part of that is the pyramid scheme Shiroe mentioned.

Aside from the already mentioned things to open chests (48 keys from from special orders, weekly keys from raid, farming gems/gold and trading gold to gems), there is one way to farm chest blueprints: farming blueprint fragments. Fastest way wold be by using 4-hero-teams on City Sewers. Given how much gold per gem you need nowadays for flipping, this might even be very efficient. (If you can afford the time and the potential loss of mental health.)

EDIT:
Mitrax wrote:- be lvl 99 FIRST :lol:

Someone is very optimistic here. :lol:
You'd probably need easy access to lvl 80+ items to sell en masse to the customers. I doubt that we will ever get so high with item levels.

Just for fun I ran some numbers. Based on the current XP curve (from lvl 45 onwards XP per level grows exponentially with a factor of 1.245 per level), you'd need over 765 trillion XP rom lvl 70 to lvl 99. With only the current items that's impossible in a meaningful time frame. With a permanent Double-XP event one could do that by selling a bit over a million Mythical Summoning Flutes. Or if we consider a somewhat more realistic item choice, e.g. Flawless Gaia's Essence, you'd need to sell over 27 millions of them. Even ignoring the supply problem - let's say you can just draw those items out of your magical hat - the selling alone would take ages. (Afaik no player has even sold half a million items total yet. Speaking of which....whoever decided to make an achievement for serving a million customers needs a spanking for that. :D )

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 am

Arty wrote:(Afaik no player has even sold half a million items total yet. Speaking of which....whoever decided to make an achievement for serving a million customers needs a spanking for that. :D )

Clicking through the NW rankings, I guess Moloko (rank 11) might be the highest on crafted (516k) and sold (213k) items.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Help & Questions”