Gold to gem conversion, question for Cloudcade

Ask for help from veteran players and find answers not listed in the FAQ.
Forum rules
You can find answers to our FAQs within our in-game support system, also available at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com
Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Gold to gem conversion, question for Cloudcade

Postby Feone » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:44 pm

The current patch made it a lot harder to trade gems for gold. Of course this also affects the other end where players sink gold into gems.

Will there be a mechanic to compensate for this? Something for endgame players to sink their ever increasing supply of gold into gems? (Preferably taking it out of the economy entirely.)

If not, how do you intend to keep players around when they hit a wall where new useful recipes are locked behind both an extremely annoying RNG/lottery thing and a lot of real money with no way* to unlock these?

Isn't lots of people playing for a long time while buying seasonal packs a lot more valuable than those few people willing to pay several thousands** for direct unlocks?

*I know quests and spin can drop keys, I've played for a year and so far Ive only gotten about 5 keys from that total and no blueprint.

** Estimate for the cost to unlock all things:
58750 gems for all slots.
Discounting all wooden & leather chests unlocking the blueprints is another one, assuming about 15% droprate or about 6 chests for each print.
Iron: 26 recipes at 100 gem per chest,15600 gems
Gold: 36 recipes at 250 per chest: 54000 gems
Magic: 59 recipes at 500 per chest: 177000 gems
Dwarvish: 23 recipes at 500 per chest: 69000 gems
Primal: 43 recipes at 750 per chest: 193500 gems

14500 gems for 100$

400$ for all slots.
3500$ for all blueprints. (Rough estimate.)
? for cosmetic upgrades & furniture.
Last edited by Feone on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Gold to gem conversion, question for Cloudcade

Postby Shiroe » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:48 am

As converting to gems becomes harder I guess gold piles of later game players will now grow ever higher?
I really would like some way to convert gold into either blueprint fragments or untradable chest open tokens.
I just want to take gems out of the whole gold -> ??? -> chest opening equation as much as possible... :|
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Feone

Postby Feone » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:04 am

I do agree with that. I'm mentioning gems because they are what's currently use and offer a convenient intermediary.

The point is to allow progress with the vast piles of gold we get eventually, even if it's slow. It would be nice if decorations were also accessible if they do what you propose there.

In general though I'd really like to know what Cloudcades stance is on this.

astle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby astle » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20 am

Next step: making gems untradable.

Feone

Postby Feone » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:03 am

It'd be nice if Cloudcade could give an answer on this.

Return to “Help & Questions”