Ad Removal *Temporarily* Notice!

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
Myoni

Re: Ad Removal *Temporarily* Notice!

Postby Myoni » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Also confused by your statements. First you say a select few, then you say a lot have been banned. (So its not just a few then) Also you said it was an error in setup so it doesn't sound like people were being malicious...what if they didn't even know that it wasn't how the game was supposed to be? If it was a hack then permaban....otherwise that is a really extreme punishment that loses customers.

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:14 pm

I don't think I've ever watched an ad on this game, but I know that from what I've heard in discord, people thought the limit was 100-200 gems per day, since before you started working at cloudcade, darkis. if it was meant to be 10-15 videos per day, then it should say that somewhere easily visible ingame, otherwise this is a problem you should take up with your ad provider, not with your playerbase. if the provider was allowing people to regularly get 200 gems per day without them doing any exploiting, there is no way any of those players should get banned.

Myoni

Postby Myoni » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Exactly. People can't watch ads that have not been sent and paid for by the advertiser. If you are not getting compensated for fulfilled ads or not getting complete coverage with your ad chains my husband would be happy to consult and fix this problem for a fee. We do ad based apps for our company. From what was told it doesn't sound like players should be punished for watching lots of ads that make you money...or should be.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Alrighty guys I'm well aware of the discord chatter and the arm chair lawyering being done, threats of refunds and the we better turn them back on rethoric being said.

I don't want to be rude with some of the stuff you guys are saying but saying stuff like take it up with the ad provider, we have to have it shown in game how many to watch etc, is just bonkers. :shock:

Not to mention taking up arms on every single word that gets said by myself to fit another agenda of going after legit customers...read the Tos if you want to push that a glitch,bug or exploit is fair game.

Read what I've stated already, stop adding onto it and taking the role of the victim and even more so, the sky isn't falling.

Actions are being taken and if your account is not one of them then continue to enjoy the game as normal, try to stop playing make believe or I'm an advocate for those who won't say anything when there's nothing to advocate for. ;)

And sorry, many of you older shop masters, have well known the limits on the ad watching, your the same ones that let me know who was abusing it by resetting it multiple times a day and more. Your even posting in this thread.

I find it disheartening to say the least when issues like this happen and folks play both sides and create more self created issues that get you all worked up for no reason.

I'm already getting tickets and messages that we better ban all who got an advantage of the smallest gain or they will get refunds or get all thier folks to quit.

Again, some of it is from the folks I've already shed light at.

Ads should be restored with the update that's coming.

-peace
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Darkis, you haven't been on the main shopheroes discord server since I took over. There's no armchair lawyering or threats of refunds. There is mild worry and confusion though. It's even present on the "positive" discord server, due to the way this forum thread was worded. People are worried that they will get banned for playing ads that they can see on their phones right now, as you've said the ads were pulled, but they can still see the gem lady, apparently.

Saurion

Postby Saurion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Myoni wrote:That is weird. I have been playing since February and I could make 200-550 gems a day on android. I work from home so I would just watch ads for hours while I worked until ads stopped showing up. Normal game play with nothing illegal nor cheating. The 10 ad limit has definitely not been in effect for a while.

This is true to me as well. I have been playing since last October ('16) and never noticed a limit real limit to the adds. I could watch 10 or so on a break at work and they would be available next break or lunch. Occasionally, I would notice her ( the fortune teller) disappear, but I ways thought it was due to poor connection/cell service. Or when I would swap between WiFi or cell(4G), or between my other connected devices(tablet/phone) she would pop back up.

I was never aware that there was a hard limit or that I was taking advantage of something that was not intended.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:06 pm

internetz wrote:Darkis, you haven't been on the main shopheroes discord server since I took over. There's no armchair lawyering or threats of refunds. There is mild worry and confusion though. It's even present on the "positive" discord server, due to the way this forum thread was worded. People are worried that they will get banned for playing ads that they can see on their phones right now, as you've said the ads were pulled, but they can still see the gem lady, apparently.

Sorry not going to come in and sit on my developer flagged account.

Rest assured the chat is exactly like I've stated, as for the ads still being watched still waiting for a screen shot to be shared in the chat vs just claiming that's been done.

That would be something helpful vs the alternative that's been done.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Saurion wrote:
Myoni wrote:That is weird. I have been playing since February and I could make 200-550 gems a day on android. I work from home so I would just watch ads for hours while I worked until ads stopped showing up. Normal game play with nothing illegal nor cheating. The 10 ad limit has definitely not been in effect for a while.

This is true to me as well. I have been playing since last October ('16) and never noticed a limit real limit to the adds. I could watch 10 or so on a break at work and they would be available next break or lunch. Occasionally, I would notice her ( the fortune teller) disappear, but I ways thought it was due to poor connection/cell service. Or when I would swap between WiFi or cell(4G), or between my other connected devices(tablet/phone) she would pop back up.

I was never aware that there was a hard limit or that I was taking advantage of something that was not intended.

Indeed and wasn't intended to say the least not to mention this wasn't the case for everyone. I've already said these types of cases dont worry about it.

Folks can reread the start of the thread for more info etc.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Going to lock this as I've made things more than clear and it's turned into a us vs them vs them vs those guys deal that is just futile in the end.

You guys have all the information from us on what we are doing and why the ads are removed, why accounts will be banned etc.

If you haven't had action done to your account already odds are your in the clear atm.

If you feel wrongly banned, send in a support request via

https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

Return to “News & Announcements”