Ad Removal *Temporarily* Notice!

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: Ad Removal *Temporarily* Notice!

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:30 pm

raygen20 wrote:Hi, I play Shop Heroes from an Android Device. I understand from reading this thread that the admins are unwilling to reveal exactly the illegal action that warrants a ban for understandable reasons(More players might exploit the same thing)
However, I have a few questions regarding ads for gems
1. Is there a daily limit for the number of gems one can receive per day?
2. I used to get between an average of around 50 - 70 gems a day watching ads. Is this normal and as intended by the system?

There was a daily limit of 10 videos MAX per day for players but through certain means folks were able to take advantage of the system. 50-70 gems a day while not what we had set, is still acceptable for the most part.

*Note for those still claiming to be getting Ad's, please provide proof of this as I find it very hard to believe and running around getting folks worked up over it isn't going to be allowed.

The ETA for Ad's coming back is indeed with the next Update coming soon if not at the end of the month.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

River
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby River » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:47 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:
raygen20 wrote:Hi, I play Shop Heroes from an Android Device. I understand from reading this thread that the admins are unwilling to reveal exactly the illegal action that warrants a ban for understandable reasons(More players might exploit the same thing)
However, I have a few questions regarding ads for gems
1. Is there a daily limit for the number of gems one can receive per day?
2. I used to get between an average of around 50 - 70 gems a day watching ads. Is this normal and as intended by the system?

There was a daily limit of 10 videos MAX per day for players but through certain means folks were able to take advantage of the system. 50-70 gems a day while not what we had set, is still acceptable for the most part.

*Note for those still claiming to be getting Ad's, please provide proof of this as I find it very hard to believe and running around getting folks worked up over it isn't going to be allowed.

The ETA for Ad's coming back is indeed with the next Update coming soon if not at the end of the month.

Hi, it's been a while since my last video (1 months, maybe), but I can confirm that [1 month ago] you could see more then 10 videos per day*, absolutely without any trick! :)
*= on android device

raygen20

Postby raygen20 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:56 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:There was a daily limit of 10 videos MAX per day for players but through certain means folks were able to take advantage of the system. 50-70 gems a day while not what we had set, is still acceptable for the most part.

Thanks for the clarification. I know that cloudcade has a lot on its plate but this is an humble suggestion on my part. When you guys get the time and if its not too much trouble consider coding in a limit to the number of gems for ads(So this number seems to be 20 per day for 10 videos). This way no user can inadvertently go over the limit using normal gameplay without intentionally using an exploit

As way of feedback, I will tell you how it works on my android device. Every time I open the app on my device, I get around 5 times of gems for ads(10 gems). So, for example if I were to open the app about 5 times in a given day, I would get 5*5*2 = 50 gems. So this was possible using normal gameplay without using any exploit of any kind. If this was not how it was intended to be, kindly consider hardcoding a limit

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:30 pm

There was a daily limit of 10 videos MAX per day for players but through certain means folks were able to take advantage of the system.

If the limit was meant to be 10 then there was something wrong with the code. I can confirm that mine would allow dozens of ads in a single session some days, with no indication from the game or cloudcade that something was wrong. No relogging, no messing with clocks or data or whatever else could trip it up, this was just watching ads between crafting, chatting, and raiding. And I have no idea what I could have possibly done to influence the limit on my end. After a while she would disappear for the day but the limit was definitely more than 10. (Also playing on android, if it matters.)

I really hope you'll double check that it wasn't an error on cloudcade's end before handing out bans for this. I assume I'm on your watch list already but I genuinely have no idea what "certain means" I could have done to cause extra ads.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Kim! wrote:
There was a daily limit of 10 videos MAX per day for players but through certain means folks were able to take advantage of the system.

If the limit was meant to be 10 then there was something wrong with the code. I can confirm that mine would allow dozens of ads in a single session some days, with no indication from the game or cloudcade that something was wrong. No relogging, no messing with clocks or data or whatever else could trip it up, this was just watching ads between crafting, chatting, and raiding. And I have no idea what I could have possibly done to influence the limit on my end. After a while she would disappear for the day but the limit was definitely more than 10. (Also playing on android, if it matters.)

I really hope you'll double check that it wasn't an error on cloudcade's end before handing out bans for this. I assume I'm on your watch list already but I genuinely have no idea what "certain means" I could have done to cause extra ads.

Thanks Kim, please note what I've said already about the videos and extra watching, or even the other post with the guy earning 50-75+ a day...

We can EASLIY tell on our end who abused/exploited and did other things not intended. Those are the folks in hot water. The rest, not really on my radar to be honest as how else are you going to buy that wooden key for 200 gems :lol:

We have the hard data on this matter so I do take a bit of an offense that every posting you do some call out about ''checking error before banning'' not only with this but every instance we need to take action upon in the game.

No one is getting banned wrongfully, the data clearly shows beyond a doubt what was done and if folks want to dispute that they can write into support but like I said before, there's no wiggle room on this unless someone wants to pay back things in the extreme cases.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D

iamnot138

Postby iamnot138 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Where exactly are your game terms of services posted at?

Thank you

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 pm

iamnot138 wrote:Where exactly are your game terms of services posted at?

Thank you

http://cloudcade.com/tos/

http://cloudcade.com/privacy-policy/

Haze

Postby Haze » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:There was a daily limit of 10 videos MAX per day for players but through certain means folks were able to take advantage of the system. 50-70 gems a day while not what we had set, is still acceptable for the most part.

This is why people are concerned. That statement sounds like the only way you can view more than 10 a day is through an exploit.

I have played this game for a year and a half or so on iOS. In all that time I have had days where there were no ads at all, days where I watched maybe 5 ads and could no longer watch more, and days where ads seemed to be unlimited.

I have never hacked anything, messed with files, deleted data, etc. This was happening while playing using my iPad 3 and also happens after I moved on to an iPad Pro. I have seen this behavior in other free-to-play games with ads and have worked off the assumption that the developer or ad partner providing the ads changes how many per account can be viewed per day.

It seems very random how many I can watch but over the past few months there seem to be no limits at all. Some days I watch many ads, some days I don't get around to watching any. I figured CC makes money on them and maybe the limit was increased for revenue purposes. I have no idea how many I have watched, but what I do know is that I have NEVER purposely done anything to affect how many I can view.

I'm just confused by that fact that the limit is supposed to be 10, yet, if you went over that is ok as long as you didn't grossly go over? Why is it even possible to go over the limit and why isn't that limit hard-coded? I seriously feel like it's a oversight on CC's end and players are POSSIBLY going to be the ones to pay the ultimate price for that failure.

-Haze

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:00 pm

I play on PC, I have NEVER received the option to view ads for gems.

Why do tablet/phone users get apparently an extra 50 gems/day than me? I've missed out on well over 17k+ gems for playing on the wrong platform it seems. Do you recommend players don't play the PC version?

Myoni

Postby Myoni » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:18 pm

That is weird. I have been playing since February and I could make 200-550 gems a day on android. I work from home so I would just watch ads for hours while I worked until ads stopped showing up. Normal game play with nothing illegal nor cheating. The 10 ad limit has definitely not been in effect for a while.

Return to “News & Announcements”