Shop Heroes News 6/30/17

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Shop Heroes News 6/30/17

Postby Kim! » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:10 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:Servers! I have no clue what is trying to be pushed here but, everyone plays the same game, same environment and then some. It takes more than one server hamster in this case fyi.

That's why when updates hit, servers go down, etc. This is nothing new folks.

Rephrasing: Will these new players be playing with us? ie, will we get to share the same tradehouse, chats, cities, etc. as they do? Or will there be two separate SH universes where they're off in their own bubble with their own leaderboards/tradehouse?

"Any news you can give us on the fate of the Energetic and Revive skills being 'rebalanced'? Anything you can share about what is being considered for a future gold sink to make gold valuable again?"

This issue is a major PAIN point for me at the end of the day. We should have never gotten to the level that is was normal stuff perception wise.

New players suffer, mid-core folks stagnate and end game folks play the waiting game with interest.

So, I'm assuming it's not intentional but can you try to be more specific about what you're replying to when you quote us? Was that comment aimed at gold sinks, incoming skill nerfs, or both? It's frustrating when we have to guess. (Also please give us lots of advance warning if energetic/healer/revive are ever going to change, team building is a lot of work and a surprise nerf would be pretty upsetting.)

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:17 pm

Kim! wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:Servers! I have no clue what is trying to be pushed here but, everyone plays the same game, same environment and then some. It takes more than one server hamster in this case fyi.

That's why when updates hit, servers go down, etc. This is nothing new folks.

Rephrasing: Will these new players be playing with us? ie, will we get to share the same tradehouse, chats, cities, etc. as they do? Or will there be two separate SH universes where they're off in their own bubble with their own leaderboards/tradehouse?

"Any news you can give us on the fate of the Energetic and Revive skills being 'rebalanced'? Anything you can share about what is being considered for a future gold sink to make gold valuable again?"

This issue is a major PAIN point for me at the end of the day. We should have never gotten to the level that is was normal stuff perception wise.

New players suffer, mid-core folks stagnate and end game folks play the waiting game with interest.

So, I'm assuming it's not intentional but can you try to be more specific about what you're replying to when you quote us? Was that comment aimed at gold sinks, incoming skill nerfs, or both? It's frustrating when we have to guess. (Also please give us lots of advance warning if energetic/healer/revive are ever going to change, team building is a lot of work and a surprise nerf would be pretty upsetting.)

They've been playing with you this whole time...try switching the language selection to German or French and joining that chat to see other players non-eng.

On your second part, you are reaching way to far when there is nothing to grab! I stated my opinion and nothing more. When we have info to share on that, you'll see it. 8-) 8-)
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby akerson » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:58 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Please stop with the rhetoric of 'soft deleting postings' as that hasn't happened outside of what I clearly communicated to the community. That's transparency btw.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in Venom, but for clarification, "soft delete" was your words. Here, I'll quote you for your convienence -

cc_Darkis wrote:Thanks for noticing the Feb. road map has gone missing as I've soft deleted it a good bit ago. It serves as too much basis for misinformation which isn't good for everyone and I've made that clear before.

As the overseer of the boards, please let us know what rhetoric you want the community to use when you delete posts instead of the normal just locking them. I don't want to hurt the narrative, so we can use whatever wording you want.

Also, I don't know if me pointing out that posts were deleted and you vaguely explaining why is transparent (trying to take credit for my work is a sore point, my apologies). Especially because I had to point it out twice, and those are just the ones I know of. Is it possible, in the name of transparency, that we could get a list of all the "soft deleted" posts? I'm still confused on why locking old threads with an explanation wasn't acceptable -- I think we're all smart enough to understand that the old roadmap as been replaced with a new roadmap and the old one isn't necessary.
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:18 am

I have seen politicians answer questions clearer.

It really isnt difficult to keep it short, clear and to the point.

Feone

Postby Feone » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:28 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:"Any news you can give us on the fate of the Energetic and Revive skills being 'rebalanced'? "
<meaningless marketingspeak that seems to be vaguely in agreement with nerfing stuff, but is too vague to say anything concrete about>

My two cents, nerfing energetic would be a major mistake.

Building and tweaking quest teams is one of the most fun things in this game.
Having to wait for and monitor cooldowns after picking up quests is one of the least enjoyable 'features' of this game.

Artifacts that are actually in demand sell for decent prices, or very high prices for the lower stuff. I don't see how early/mid players are suffering in any way from this. (And those that aren't are due to lack of useful recipes, not anything relating to quests.)

On the other end, the two highest quests have timers that are so utterly ridiculous that running it without full energetic and maxed healer is an excersize in frustration, watching your heroes be unavailable for days, weeks.

In mid & early endgame the massive improvement energetic brings is an incentive to actually hunt for recipes (and buy packs). There's strategy in getting the recipes, setting up teams & finding the right combinations of gear and it gives incentive to craft, buy/sell, fuse and unlock throughout every aspect of the game.

Just putting a 90% cap on revive will make revive useful to have but not something capable of skipping power requirements. Energetic is completely fine as-is.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Feone wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:"Any news you can give us on the fate of the Energetic and Revive skills being 'rebalanced'? "
<meaningless marketingspeak that seems to be vaguely in agreement with nerfing stuff, but is too vague to say anything concrete about>

[...]

Just putting a 90% cap on revive will make revive useful to have but not something capable of skipping power requirements. Energetic is completely fine as-is.

Agree with the rest but I feel like revive becomes useless at 90%. Even if it's a 1% chance for a green faced hero to die I'd be concerned when the risk is 14 day death timers, and revive takes so many gear slots that it'd be hard to get 90% healer in there with energetic/support/revive. Unless there's an extra caveat in there about face colors, which would be oh so fun to explain to newer players on chat. :P

I feel like a lot of players have forgotten about how much work it takes to get those crazy teams in place... sure, it's super powerful if you can do it but to get to that point you need to find dozens of specific blueprints and make 100+ legendary+ skilled items to gear up 4 teams. One revive team is easy-ish but for the second you're at the mercy of magic chests. I'm a relative newbie compared to many here (despite an 800G networth and 20k raid pull) and I'm still struggling to find enough blueprints to get a second revive team without heaps of aa gloves. And I've also got level 45+ citymates who are just getting into energetics and struggling to find support BPs. Anyway, it's much easier to theorycraft crazy teams when you've had every blueprint unlocked for a year. ;)

On your second part, you are reaching way to far when there is nothing to grab! I stated my opinion and nothing more. When we have info to share on that, you'll see it.

Vague replies make us worry, you either vaguely agreed with wanting gold sinks (yay) or vaguely agreed with wanting nerfs (scary)... if you want to cut down on speculation and thread derailing then answers we can't interpret are probably going the wrong direction :(

Tkshowers

Postby Tkshowers » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:15 pm

The above two posts are right on. Increasing my wait time and increasing hero death will only cause me to lose interest. I do not spend gems on reviving or speeding quests. Instead I will wait, finding other games or interests until I quit entirely. I have consistently bought packs and sometimes gems for chests, but that will stop if the game is just wait, die, wait. It is bad enough that it is fuse, wait, wait, waaaaaiiiitttt, get a crappy fuse and repeat. I understand not making it easy, but I have spent a great deal of time and money to get my energeticteams so that I can actually play.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:21 am

akerson wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:Please stop with the rhetoric of 'soft deleting postings' as that hasn't happened outside of what I clearly communicated to the community. That's transparency btw.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in Venom, but for clarification, "soft delete" was your words. Here, I'll quote you for your convienence -

cc_Darkis wrote:Thanks for noticing the Feb. road map has gone missing as I've soft deleted it a good bit ago. It serves as too much basis for misinformation which isn't good for everyone and I've made that clear before.

As the overseer of the boards, please let us know what rhetoric you want the community to use when you delete posts instead of the normal just locking them. I don't want to hurt the narrative, so we can use whatever wording you want.

Yep, put a bold, colored note at a topic starter post that the info is outdated, then lock the topic. Way better than deleting it...
My general feeling of any forum, not just this one, is: if a post isn't worthy of a forum ban, then it's achived for everyone to see/find until the time the forum gets shut down. (and even after that the wayback machine might still be able to find it ;) )

Feone wrote:In mid & early endgame the massive improvement energetic brings is an incentive to actually hunt for recipes (and buy packs). There's strategy in getting the recipes, setting up teams & finding the right combinations of gear and it gives incentive to craft, buy/sell, fuse and unlock throughout every aspect of the game.

Unfortunately you'd probably need to have at least 1 veteran in a city to teach the early/mid players of the importance of Support + Energetic, since the game itself doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of players cap out 5+ of their heroes before equipping their first skilled item... At least the game now uses a bit heavy handed approach that prevents newer players from being virtually chest-blueprint-less once they realize the importance of skilled items. (flipping keys to gold was the "1 piece of candy" option in the "if that piece of candy is still here when I return, you get 2" experiment for young kids. ;) )

My personal preference was to have the face colors influence how much Revive is needed for no injuries at all. All green faces: 100%, bunch of red faces: something like 200%. (so with a bunch of red faces 100% revive would then act as if it was just 50% revive)
With a 90% cap on revive, I might just stick to running 90% Healer in upgraded quest slots for horns/shards (can't always be at my laptop right as those end, so the upgraded slot can start the resting/healing)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Feone

Postby Feone » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Shiroe wrote:My personal preference was to have the face colors influence how much Revive is needed for no injuries at all. All green faces: 100%, bunch of red faces: something like 200%. (so with a bunch of red faces 100% revive would then act as if it was just 50% revive)
With a 90% cap on revive, I might just stick to running 90% Healer in upgraded quest slots for horns/shards (can't always be at my laptop right as those end, so the upgraded slot can start the resting/healing)

Agreed, requiring a green face completely solves any issue with revive.

Being able to eliminate the annoying aspects of a system through advancement and effort is an awesome thing, not something to be nerfed.

albryant

Postby albryant » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:41 pm

It's been mention that a pet system may be implemented at some point. My question is, all the pet like decorations that we've accumulated through the monthly packs, will those be converted to actual pets when that system goes live? or will they stay as simple decorations?

Return to “News & Announcements”