Shop Heroes News 6/30/17

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Shop Heroes News 6/30/17

Postby Dizzle » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:25 am

I can't begin to say how excited I am about the potentially massive influx of new players. The low level end of the game is quite stale. The market is particularly rough under level 30 (except for important chest BPs). City recruitment is a serious PITA most of the time. Smaller and lower ranked cities tend to struggle to gain members, etc. I feel like all of these problems could be remedied to some degree with a growing population, not to mention it just might squash the "SH is dead and CC is going to shut it down" conspiracy.

I look forward to the other upcoming features too, but I will save my comments on those until we get something a bit more concrete!

Tomblade
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tomblade » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:50 am

So TL:DR The lack of updates is because SH is preparing to launch into more markets, and the servers can't handle this, and content updates.

I can certainly understand this. I could also understand how this is something that is tricky to communicate to regular players. After all, most players don't really care for the technical or business aspects of mobile games. Personally I'm always interested in what is going on behind the scenes, but I get that business affairs are not generally published. Still, I am excited for an influx of new players. Besides, a lack of new content will allow me to catch up on recipe mastery and hopefully break the top 10 at some point. I just finished Magic Chest bps the other day. Now all that's left is primal.

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:58 am

Wraith wrote:
You've lost me this time. That was the last straw for me. I'm done with this game, good bye.

boom boy bye foop

Aelfgeft
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Aelfgeft » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:59 pm

You say that, China move being in the past, that Cloudcade can now start to offer regular content updates. However, you also say you're moving into Europe and Southeast Asia. Won't that be just as much of a barrier to creating content as China was?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Dizzle wrote:Smaller and lower ranked cities tend to struggle to gain members, etc. I feel like all of these problems could be remedied to some degree with a growing population

I doubt it. A large part of that is the "I want to be mayor of my city" mindset.
Long, long ago I once scrolled to the bottom of the rankings and back then the number of players was only about 3 times as high as the number of cities. I doubt that players:cities has changed much over the changes of playerbase sizes.

Another part of it is a lack of city merge tools. Other than here on the forum (and maybe on Discord?), no "looking for cities to merge with" board/chat, no way to do a merge if a partner city is found at all other than to somehow communicate name#IDs and move people over one-by-one.

More players would likely just result in a proportional growth of both big/full and small/empty cities.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

sideways

Postby sideways » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Dizzle wrote:I can't begin to say how excited I am about the potentially massive influx of new players. The low level end of the game is quite stale. The market is particularly rough under level 30 (except for important chest BPs). City recruitment is a serious PITA most of the time. Smaller and lower ranked cities tend to struggle to gain members, etc. I feel like all of these problems could be remedied to some degree with a growing population, not to mention it just might squash the "SH is dead and CC is going to shut it down" conspiracy.

I look forward to the other upcoming features too, but I will save my comments on those until we get something a bit more concrete!

Dizzle - please note, There have been several posts where people have asked darkis if the influx of new players will be on the same server as us. He either ignores the question or answers extremely vaugely. The fact that he won't just say yes or no tells us all the "millions" of new players will be on a different server anyways. This means you won't actually see any major influx of traffic to the tradehouse you are currently using.

Don't believe me? Go ahead and try asking darkis yourself about it and see if you get a straight answer.

For example:
Q: is everyone on the same server?
Darkis: everyone is playing the same game! 8-)

:roll:

Aelfgeft
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Aelfgeft » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:34 pm

sideways wrote:
Dizzle wrote:I can't begin to say how excited I am about the potentially massive influx of new players. The low level end of the game is quite stale. The market is particularly rough under level 30 (except for important chest BPs). City recruitment is a serious PITA most of the time. Smaller and lower ranked cities tend to struggle to gain members, etc. I feel like all of these problems could be remedied to some degree with a growing population, not to mention it just might squash the "SH is dead and CC is going to shut it down" conspiracy.

Dizzle - please note, There have been several posts where people have asked darkis if the influx of new players will be on the same server as us. He either ignores the question or answers extremely vaugely. The fact that he won't just say yes or no tells us all the "millions" of new players will be on a different server anyways. This means you won't actually see any major influx of traffic to the tradehouse you are currently using.

Don't believe me? Go ahead and try asking darkis yourself about it and see if you get a straight answer.

For example:

From OP:

During this time we have also been refactoring our backend to support the scale of new players as well as optimizing our servers for performance.

"Our servers" implies a singular group of servers. Optimization would also not be an issue if they were going to be separate servers.

Kelana
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kelana » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Any news you can give us on the fate of the Energetic and Revive skills being 'rebalanced'? Anything you can share about what is being considered for a future gold sink to make gold valuable again?

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:07 pm

sideways wrote:Don't believe me? Go ahead and try asking darkis yourself about it and see if you get a straight answer.
For example:

I certainly agree, there have been several questions dodged repeatedly, and then there are claims of "being more transparent", then an apology later for not being transparent enough (while still being vague about everything).

Also, him "soft deleting" posts to hide embarassments just doesn't look right...

It just doesn't reflect well sadly.

Maybe we just need to have a Q&A: yes/no/refuse to answer responses only. Because every time I read something here, I still feel like I read several paragraphs and learned nothing... I'm trying to feel hyped (but I still have nothing to be hyped about, because I know nothing of whats going to happen), and I'm just waiting for this July 4th update, but going forward, something needs to change.

BTW: Can someone give me a legit "here is what we currently know FOR SURE" rundown of whats going to happen in the update/future months? I'm trying to keep my citymates hyped.

PS: I truly appreciate Darkis trying to communicate with us as often as he does, and understand these were not patch notes. But (like everyone else) want to remove the vagueness/uncertainty of everything.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:57 pm

VeNoM0619 wrote:
sideways wrote:Don't believe me? Go ahead and try asking darkis yourself about it and see if you get a straight answer.
For example:

I certainly agree, there have been several questions dodged repeatedly, and then there are claims of "being more transparent", then an apology later for not being transparent enough (while still being vague about everything).

Also, him "soft deleting" posts to hide embarassments just doesn't look right...

It just doesn't reflect well sadly.

Maybe we just need to have a Q&A: yes/no/refuse to answer responses only. Because every time I read something here, I still feel like I read several paragraphs and learned nothing... I'm trying to feel hyped (but I still have nothing to be hyped about, because I know nothing of whats going to happen), and I'm just waiting for this July 4th update, but going forward, something needs to change.

BTW: Can someone give me a legit "here is what we currently know FOR SURE" rundown of whats going to happen in the update/future months? I'm trying to keep my citymates hyped.

PS: I truly appreciate Darkis trying to communicate with us as often as he does, and understand these were not patch notes. But (like everyone else) want to remove the vagueness/uncertainty of everything.

Wowzer!

There's a few postings I'll be trying to address outside of this one I quoted and hopefully, we can relax a bit on the self created issues being posted here!

Servers! I have no clue what is trying to be pushed here but, everyone plays the same game, same environment and then some. It takes more than one server hamster in this case fyi.

That's why when updates hit, servers go down, etc. This is nothing new folks.

Please stop with the rhetoric of 'soft deleting postings' as that hasn't happened outside of what I clearly communicated to the community. That's transparency btw.

I apologize for all the text heavy postings but that's how things are communicated overall on my part. :lol:

"Any news you can give us on the fate of the Energetic and Revive skills being 'rebalanced'? Anything you can share about what is being considered for a future gold sink to make gold valuable again?"

This issue is a major PAIN point for me at the end of the day. We should have never gotten to the level that is was normal stuff perception wise.

New players suffer, mid-core folks stagnate and end game folks play the waiting game with interest.

City-Tools. Indeed and noted.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Return to “News & Announcements”