Shop Heroes News 6/30/17

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Shop Heroes News 6/30/17

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:55 pm

Greetings Fellow Shop Masters! Former Adventures and Trade House Watchers!

I know many were expecting some patch aka ‘Update’ notes, but until I verify a few changes and get better details on some of my questions, I’ll hold off posting them.

What I can say is YES an update is indeed rolling out through the platforms and we will have the normal downtime that comes with it when it’s ready.

So please folks, stop the guesswork with the server numbers being changed and who has what in regards to the update lol!

Di, Frodo, Myself and the Team as a whole, are all involved when it comes to this process and just letting you know now, that at the end of the day the ‘who technically writes the notes’ is pretty much Di.

So let’s get this show started on what's been going on, what’s coming and being more transparent moving forward. 8-)

For the better part of February till July we have been preparing and getting Shop Heroes launched in China.

This alone has been a massively monumental Task for our team and involved quite a few unique challenges just in its scale/scope. (Going into detail on this below)

Some of you have more than put the pieces together on this as it was very apparent (okay maybe not so much apparent overall) when folks saw our Partnering Relationship with Teebik.

A Soft launch is indeed live now and as I’m sure you’ve guessed it, we will be anticipating millions of new players throughout the next 6 months of launch.

Going into greater detail on how this impacted things…..We should have said this sooner and I apologize for that.

During this time we have also been refactoring our backend to support the scale of new players as well as optimizing our servers for performance.

All of this is very time consuming, which is why we haven't had the bandwidth to release a ton of new content.

Now that most of this has been done, moving forward, we will be able to shift our focus back to producing regular content updates on a monthly basis.

This is something that has been long overdue and our Team has been just as frustrated seeing your comments regarding things.

Some more news to share…

Throughout June and continuing well into August, we are preparing and getting Shop Heroes pushed out on at least 4 to 5 platforms across the EU and SEA markets.

Again, there will be an influx of new players as each of these launches take place across those targeted platforms there.

But wait...There's more!

Starting near the end of Q3 and continuing well into Q4, we will be having launches in Korea, Japan and the Middle East.

Hopefully that helps answer some of the questions as to what has been going on and to the future of Shop Heroes in general.

:D

After reading all that there's just no way I could get away just ending the post on release news!

With each new update, we are aiming to bring more substantial content to the game. This starts with our August (loosely tied to September's patch) update for the Game.

(Told you to get your feedback into those threads!)

Starting with focuses on improving overall UI/UX elements.

More social content and features for the community to engage with.

Implementing more competitive elements as we all need a challenge!

Bringing in a deeper Fusion System, addition of Pets, and the long touted Cold War (city vs city) Event.

And a lot of improvements to existing features such as the roulette revamp, the trade system and improvements to the current upgrading system.

This also includes a focus for better pacing and balancing to support new features and most importantly, more events and dynamic dungeons.

~Darkis

p.s I'll answer some questions for a good bit guys! These are not patch notes....
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Shop Heroes News 6/30/17

Postby cynthrocks » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Very excited about all of this! ❤

Budd

Postby Budd » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:37 pm

I appreciate the update, Darkis.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding anything. The bigger update that was talked about for the last couple of months that everyone has been going off the rails about is going to be released around August/September and the update that may happen in July (wasn't sure if that was happening) is going to be a smaller content update, similar to the regular ones we'd get?

Also, just to add... if the above seems aggressive, it's not intentional. Lack of sleep has been had and this is sincerely a question. Thanks!

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Budd wrote:I appreciate the update, Darkis.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding anything. The bigger update that was talked about for the last couple of months that everyone has been going off the rails about is going to be released around August/September and the update that may happen in July (wasn't sure if that was happening) is going to be a smaller content update, similar to the regular ones we'd get?

Also, just to add... if the above seems aggressive, it's not intentional. Lack of sleep has been had and this is sincerely a question. Thanks!

No worries Budd!

I've tried to push a lot of information to folks in various channels about a lot of the stuff in the works near and far.

From my understanding, there wasn't much going 'off the rails' and more 'hey show us something' if I recall correctly.

I haven't posted any update notes, just some news and heads up for things so we have better transparency and communication moving forward.

When it's ready, I'll have it posted^^ unless I'm asleep!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D

sideways

Postby sideways » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi Darkis,

Thanks for sharing some news

For China and all the other countries you are expanding into - do all the new players join onto the same existing server that we have all been playing on? Or are they in a separate server?

Since this game is highly centered around a trade house... I imagine it matters a lot whether the millions of new players will be using the same tradehouse as us or not.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:52 pm

sideways wrote:Hi Darkis,

Thanks for sharing some news

For China and all the other countries you are expanding into - do all the new players join onto the same existing server that we have all been playing on? Or are they in a separate server?

Since this game is highly centered around a trade house... I imagine it matters a lot whether the millions of new players will be using the same tradehouse as us or not.

Last Time I checked, my posting in the op explained that. 8-)

Sommerdahl

Postby Sommerdahl » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:13 pm

Hey :)

Sorry, but I also don't get it, not sure if it's because I just woke up or if I might just be dim witted.. :lol:

Will all the new players from the various regions join the existing server with us or will they have their own regional servers?

Also, thanks for shedding some light and I am looking forward to seeing even more details :P

EDIT: I understand it as a yes they will join us, since you speak of optimizing you current servers

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:18 pm

Sommerdahl wrote:Hey :)

Sorry, but I also don't get it, not sure if it's because I just woke up or if I might just be dim witted.. :lol:

Will all the new players from the various regions join the existing server with us or will they have their own regional servers?

Also, thanks for shedding some light and I am looking forward to seeing even more details :P

Last time I checked, everyone more or less plays in the same game world wide. Things are just underway atm fyi!

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:15 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Throughout June and continuing well into August, we are preparing and getting Shop Heroes pushed out on at least 4 to 5 platforms across the EU and SEA markets.

Platforms == languages or regions?
Normally I'd think hardware/software when mentioning "platform", but with Android (google, amazon, samsung), iOS, web (facebook, kongregate, armor games) and Steam-Windows taken care of, there would barely be 4 to 5 of my definition of "platform" left as viable additions. (Steam-MacOS, Steam-Linux, Windows phone, Playstation, X-box, 3DS, Switch? ; maybe non-steam PC with a Cloudcade-own payment platform?)

(sorry, vague marketing terms just annoy me)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 am

For a moment I thought this announcement was a joke...

cc_Darkis wrote:Greetings Fellow Shop Masters! Former Adventures and Trade House Watchers!

I know many were expecting some patch aka ‘Update’ notes, but until I verify a few changes and get better details on some of my questions, I’ll hold off posting them.

What I can say is YES an update is indeed rolling out through the platforms and we will have the normal downtime that comes with it when it’s ready.

So please folks, stop the guesswork with the server numbers being changed and who has what in regards to the update lol!

Di, Frodo, Myself and the Team as a whole, are all involved when it comes to this process and just letting you know now, that at the end of the day the ‘who technically writes the notes’ is pretty much Di.

So let’s get this show started on what's been going on, what’s coming and being more transparent moving forward. 8-)

This can't be serious. Once again we were promised "Info coming soon" to the point that topics were locked so we'd stop speculating needlessly about stuff, only to be told "Oh yeah I still don't know anything sorry guys".

For the better part of February till July we have been preparing and getting Shop Heroes launched in China.

This alone has been a massively monumental Task for our team and involved quite a few unique challenges just in its scale/scope. (Going into detail on this below)

Some of you have more than put the pieces together on this as it was very apparent (okay maybe not so much apparent overall) when folks saw our Partnering Relationship with Teebik.

A Soft launch is indeed live now and as I’m sure you’ve guessed it, we will be anticipating millions of new players throughout the next 6 months of launch.

Going into greater detail on how this impacted things…..We should have said this sooner and I apologize for that.

During this time we have also been refactoring our backend to support the scale of new players as well as optimizing our servers for performance.

All of this is very time consuming, which is why we haven't had the bandwidth to release a ton of new content.

Now that most of this has been done, moving forward, we will be able to shift our focus back to producing regular content updates on a monthly basis.

This is something that has been long overdue and our Team has been just as frustrated seeing your comments regarding things.

Some more news to share…

Throughout June and continuing well into August, we are preparing and getting Shop Heroes pushed out on at least 4 to 5 platforms across the EU and SEA markets.

Again, there will be an influx of new players as each of these launches take place across those targeted platforms there.

But wait...There's more!

Starting near the end of Q3 and continuing well into Q4, we will be having launches in Korea, Japan and the Middle East.

Hopefully that helps answer some of the questions as to what has been going on and to the future of Shop Heroes in general.

:D

After reading all that there's just no way I could get away just ending the post on release news!

First, this is NOT exciting to current players. This adds no content for us at all! Darkis, you're seriously out of touch with the playerbase if you think this is something that will get us happy.

Second, why were we not told about any of this sooner? For the last several months we were promised content and I don't recall once hearing anything about launching the game in other parts of the world or on new platforms. I thought Cloudcade was hard at work delivering stuff that would make the game more enjoyable, but it turns out this is what they were focused on the whole time. I feel lied to.

With each new update, we are aiming to bring more substantial content to the game. This starts with our August (loosely tied to September's patch) update for the Game.

(Told you to get your feedback into those threads!)

Starting with focuses on improving overall UI/UX elements.

More social content and features for the community to engage with.

Implementing more competitive elements as we all need a challenge!

Bringing in a deeper Fusion System, addition of Pets, and the long touted Cold War (city vs city) Event.

And a lot of improvements to existing features such as the roulette revamp, the trade system and improvements to the current upgrading system.

This also includes a focus for better pacing and balancing to support new features and most importantly, more events and dynamic dungeons.

~Darkis

p.s I'll answer some questions for a good bit guys! These are not patch notes....

Once again, we're only given vague information, most of which is not new. We've been requesting details, there have been countless posts trying to convey to Cloudcade why we really need specifics at this point, and yet here we are, being told vague stuff that tells us nothing.

What will be the general mechanics of the Cold War event? And for the 100th time, what does "a deeper fusion system" entail? Shorter or longer fusion times?

You've lost me this time. That was the last straw for me. I'm done with this game, good bye.

Return to “News & Announcements”