Player of the Month- Richard

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Player of the Month- Richard

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:40 am

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone has had a great start to the week and are enjoying the game. So most of you already know but, the Player of the Month is none other than....Richard!!!!

For sake of some transparency here is the Player of the Month package you will get:

The Player of The Month Package:

1500 Gems
Shop Furniture item
Swag Hat, T-shirt or Back Pack of Winners Choosing.

So let's get down to that little special interview that the Winner gets to have with me! Hope you guy's are ready, brace yourselves!!! :lol:

Darkis: Hey there You Super Star You! (So not awkward...Right?)

So let's go ahead and start with saying thanks for being a part of this, and especially for our first run at “Player of the Month”.

I want to go ahead and let you know that it was a close battle with a few of the other great folks, so be on the look out for revenge....Muwahaha! (cough)

I have to say that coming in and seeing how the community was telling me about the key guys that make a difference to them when they play, was just awe inspiring on my part.

So again, Kudos to you and don't ever stop. Seriously! DON'T! I can not handle the spreadsheet magic or the lettuce of Destiny in your stead.

Okay, that's all out the way, why don't you tell me what got you into Shop Heroes in the first place?

Richard: I was actually on the look out for Shop Heroes before it's release. I had been playing Swords and Potions and before that Swords and Potions 1, both games very similar to what Shop Heroes is now (and for good reason as one of Cloudcade's founders also founded the studio which developed Swords and Potions), and it was early June which was around the time the Swords and Potions 2 beta launched on Kongregate. I looked through Kongregate's beta games list and to my sad hamster eyes there was no Swords and Potions 3, so I did some research by scouring the interwebs and found a forum post on the official forums of Swords and Potions mentioning Shop Heroes and how a beta was available on Facebook. I jumped over to Facebook and found the game and was instantly excited to play the game. After just a few minutes I fell in love with the game, it's art, the improved and just plain addicting gameplay. 

Darkis:Any regrets now? Joking!

Richard: I haven't been reading as much now since my toilet time is now taken up by Shop Heroes.

Darkis:What led you to stepping up in the community and just being a strong pillar for them?

Richard: If there's one thing I don't know how to do properly it's step up (stairs are very hard for me). Honestly, I knew from the start that this was the game and community for me. I had worked on the Swords and Potions 2 spreadsheet with a friend and decided to take on the task of doing the same for Shop Heroes and pretty much the same week I started playing Shop Heroes, I began work on it. I never would have dreamed that the sheet nor I would become such an important figure in the community but I am very honored that the players of Shop Heroes consider me to be such. 

The amazing fact is that the entire Shop Heroes community is so passionate and so involved, that it's hard not to want to be the same. Everywhere you look you'll find players either posting guides, providing tips, discussing important issues or topics relating to the game or making amazing tools or sites.  I like to think that the community is the strong pillar that keeps me up and running.

Darkis: I'm sure a few folks might have a few secrets they keep close to their heart in Shop Heroes to get an edge over the rest, what secret to do you have or advice you'd like to share?

Richard: Well, everyone knows I'm bad at keeping secrets except for the fact that I have a secret lettuce vault, that no one has figured out yet but here are some things you may not know because I've seen the surprised responses many times in world chat.

• You can click/tap and drag on the resource bar on the right of you screen to collect all resources.
• You can boost heroes from the hero equipment screen by clicking on the little building next to their models.
• Boost your Town Hall for discounts on Shop Expansions! Please this will save you tons of gold!
• And for you experienced players out there: Provide your local hamster  with three heads of lettuce for increased RNG in your favor*
*research studies provided by Abqu

Darkis: In light of those questions, why don't you tell us a bit more about you starting off with, who's your favorite New Community Manager! I kid! I kid!

But jokes aside, give us a bit about you as a person.

Richard: This may come as a surprise to some but I was actually human before being a hamster. Frodo's hobbit magic transformed me into the hamster you know today. But to go into more detail, I am male, 20 years of age (about 2 in hamster years), I am very fond of web design and development, I like video games cause uh duh, I live in New York City, I can't drive and I am terrified of papaya juice (long story).

Darkis: I know you have to be a movie buff in some way so what would be your top 3 must watch movies and why?

Richard:I don't really go see movies much these days, but some of my favorites from over the years of watching randomly on TV or in school would be:

• Saving Private Ryan
• August Rush
• The Matrix

Darkis: What games do you enjoy in your past time besides Shop Heroes (please don't say candy crush, please say candy crush)?

Richard:I'm actually not much of a mobile gamer, I primarily play console games and a few PC games here and there, some of the games I've enjoyed recently are:

On Console:
• Mass Effect: Andromeda
• Destiny
• Diablo III

On PC:

• Civilization V
• Forza Horizon 3

On Mobile:
• Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links

Darkis: So back to Shop Heroes, What's the one big feature you want to see in the game and why?

Richard:The endless dungeon that's been suggested like a million times now! A lot of the end-game players like myself are playing Shop Heroes on auto-pilot, we're bored, we need something new and interesting while still remaining true to the Shop Heroes formula and aesthetic.  The endless dungeon would provide players with an, you guessed it, endless challenge with meaningful rewards and, most importantly, keep us busy when content releases are so slow these days. There are a bunch of threads with tons of discussion on the feature and I'm hoping to see it actually come to life.

Darkis: Let's see if we can get something done about that (will depend on what you say!) and thanks for taking the time for this interview!

Best!
CC_Darkis
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Player of the Month- Richard

Postby Abqu » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:43 am

Yay Richard!

Azaule

Postby Azaule » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Congratulations!

spidah

Postby spidah » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Congrats Richard.

DeeDee
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby DeeDee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Congratulations Richard!! You were my number 2, but only because I wouldn't have known about your great works without having been told. Much love for all you do!

Best,
DeeDee

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:39 pm

Congrats Richard, you definitely deserve it (even if you weren't my nomination :P)

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 pm

this guy wasn't even on my radar.

got a tl;dr? who is he? what has he done for me?

amberfer

Postby amberfer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Great job Richard!

Richard
Community Moderator

Postby Richard » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Thanks everyone! So honored to be chosen and was fun doing the interview.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:01 pm

Congrats

Return to “News & Announcements”