Operation Supply Drop and Shop Heroes!

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Operation Supply Drop and Shop Heroes!

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:59 am

Purgerage40 wrote:I saw the announcement advertised a exclusive BP and so without looking at details I purchased. As a USAF veteran I am fine with proceeds going to them but I still want my BPs.

$5 cheaper than a "normal" package and 100% of proceeds going to a charity should have been an indication that it would be unlikely to be a "full" "normal" package...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:18 am

Well, I can see how people are annoyed if they advertised a print. I did not see any indication it'd have a print though, I guess it's not the post/picture that said that?

Maybe Cloudcade could smooth it over by giving everyone one or more prints based on the success of the package?

If it gets bought X times everybody gets 1 blueprint, if it gets bought Y times then everyone gets 2 etc? Would probably also be nice to give something to f2p, it's been a while.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:45 am

Feone wrote:Well, I can see how people are annoyed if they advertised a print. I did not see any indication it'd have a print though, I guess it's not the post/picture that said that?
It's the login information popup. They probably took a standard package template background and forgot to erase the "exclusive blueprint" text from it after pasting the shopkeeper images into it...
Maybe Cloudcade could smooth it over by giving everyone one or more prints based on the success of the package?

If it gets bought X times everybody gets 1 blueprint, if it gets bought Y times then everyone gets 2 etc? Would probably also be nice to give something to f2p, it's been a while.

Would probably be too much time between the package and the reward for that for people to feel it as related...
- possibly delay sending the upcoming update for approval
- make new blueprint (artwork, stats, maybe skill)
- fit that new blueprint in somewhere (extra 1-blueprint line, kind of like an aquired chest blueprint?)
- only then submit the update for approval, so the blueprint shows up after that update is released

(I assumed your suggestion wasn't to have support go through tens of thousands of accounts to add a (chest) blueprint the player doesn't yet have manually for each individually/manually. ;) )

I'd be all for them adding a Support I blueprint for everyone.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Zuuhl
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Zuuhl » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:03 am

How about the easy solution?
Give everyone who buys the package 1-2 gold keys. :)

Those keys are in high enough demand that the market price wouldn't be affected too much if keys were included in this package.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:58 am

Zuuhl wrote:How about the easy solution?
Give everyone who buys the package 1-2 gold keys. :)

Those keys are in high enough demand that the market price wouldn't be affected too much if keys were included in this package.

Way too gamebreaking for newbies. 180M gold and golden keys will show on the tradehouse even if they aren't level 20 yet (golden key is lvl 25 item)
And that still runs into the problem that support would need to (manually) lock, add 2 keys, unlock for each and every account that buys the package. You might get "account linking at Steam launch"-ish support backlogs... (which reminds me I still need to fetch a google wallet screenshot and then send in my very late link request... -_- )

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:08 am

Shiroe wrote:
Feone wrote:Well, I can see how people are annoyed if they advertised a print. I did not see any indication it'd have a print though, I guess it's not the post/picture that said that?
It's the login information popup. They probably took a standard package template background and forgot to erase the "exclusive blueprint" text from it after pasting the shopkeeper images into it...

Would probably be too much time between the package and the reward for that for people to feel it as related...

(I assumed your suggestion wasn't to have support go through tens of thousands of accounts to add a (chest) blueprint the player doesn't yet have manually for each individually/manually. ;) )

I'd be all for them adding a Support I blueprint for everyone.

I figured they would be able to put a free package in the shop and deliver it that way. A support 1 print is actually what I was thinking too, right now the premium support prints are a little bit too essential imo.

That way the package name can also make it obvious :D

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:57 am

Feone wrote:I figured they would be able to put a free package in the shop and deliver it that way. A support 1 print is actually what I was thinking too, right now the premium support prints are a little bit too essential imo.

That way the package name can also make it obvious :D

I think they would need to add a system for in-app content updates to just add a new blueprint outside of the appstores update cycle.
No idea why they don't have something like that. (if someone had rummaged through the guts of the client app, they should have been able to find this OSD package and it's contents back when the Halloween update was released)

drunkencamel

Postby drunkencamel » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:49 am

exclusive blueprints
no buts about it
keep your word :x

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:10 am

We apologize for the mistake in the text on the "What's New" display, but as stated here (where the package was announced prior to being in game), it is an avatar only package.

We will bring up the grievances with the team.

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:50 am

UPDATE: We will be adding a blueprint in December to make up for this error on our part. Again, we apologize for the confusion.

Return to “News & Announcements”