Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: FEEDBACK: Prizing!

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:41 am

Commenters on the facebook post for this ( https://www.facebook.com/shopheroes/pho ... 28/?type=3 ) didn't seem to have a clue what community events are, so I added a wall of text there... :|

edit: talking about prizes, Claire seems to have posted the bag from WingDingDingo's 2016 charity stream at: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 068&type=3
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:29 am

Died wrote: - everyone entries got one extra Shard of Giga

Since in-game awards likely involve a manual "lock account, award prize, unlock account", I doubt "everyone who entered" prizes will be very viable...
(I guess they could develop a script/program to do it, but that would have to be super robust or you'd kind of be slicing vegetables with a katana instead of a kitchen knife... ;) )
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Died

Postby Died » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:42 am

Last edited by Died on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:37 am

Died wrote:
Shiroe wrote:
Died wrote: - everyone entries got one extra Shard of Giga

Since in-game awards likely involve a manual "lock account, award prize, unlock account", I doubt "everyone who entered" prizes will be very viable...

Since they can give you 2 gems everytime after you watch AD , I don't think it is hard to do.

This is different. As Tadaaah stated, they do not have the technical means to run the community events in-game and therefore cannot award prizes automatically to players. With these events each prize would be awarded manually as Shiroe pointed out, which is why you cannot expect there to be prizes for everyone who participates.

Yes, I'm sure Tadaaah would love to run community events in-game and of larger scale the way you described but she was brought onto the Cloudcade team after she could pitch backend features that would make something like that much more possible.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Died

Postby Died » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:09 am

Last edited by Died on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:43 am

Died wrote:
Richard wrote:This is different. As Tadaaah stated, they do not have the technical means to run the community events in-game and therefore cannot award prizes automatically to players.

If can't not make an in-game event , it still doable. Just write right stored procedure and execute it on next work day after raid finish.
Most of Asia online game run out-game deposit point event using this way.

The technical needs and debt involved to make this happen; it is highly unlikely that this would take priority and/or be do-able for any time in the foreseeable future.

Abqu

Postby Abqu » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:50 am

Community-run events are stuck with hurdles to overcome. It takes some effort to organize, promote, administer and award while remaining transparent and fair.

The stuff I do, and the other 10-12 I've suggested, are strictly opt-in. My prize suggestions align with this is mind (I hope...).

I feel if everyone got x item for doing y thing, that would be done easier thru a in-game feature, which I have no impact on. In a perfect world, we would get titles and banners and other fun stuff, but that kind of takes away the spirit of the event itself, and again falls more to a game feature than a community-side thing.

I can only speak for myself, but I feel stuff like this should be similar to the creative arts contest Tadaaah organizes. Opt-in, prizes good enough to enter, not so amazing it feels required.

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:19 am

Abqu wrote:I can only speak for myself, but I feel stuff like this should be similar to the creative arts contest Tadaaah organizes. Opt-in, prizes good enough to enter, not so amazing it feels required.

Exactly!

Kidlike

Postby Kidlike » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:48 am

one prize I'd love to get my hands on is a bundle of blueprint pieces, say... 10 or 20 pieces?

good enough for a boost but not a MUST have.

Return to “News & Announcements”