Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:45 am

Hi ShopKeepers!

We're looking to sponsor community run events like the City Raid event found in the Community Tavern section of the forums! We would love for you to tell us what types of prizing you would like to receive and/or find interesting! :idea:

Fluffy
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: FEEDBACK: Prizing!

Postby Fluffy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:03 am

Im a F2P player so I only have simple dreams like 50 to 250 gem avatar costume or furniture. I can afford this myself but I'd rather use it somewhere else...
Of course if it'll be a community forum event where most players are veterans, most wouldn't be satisfied with that.
Mythics are still way out of my league since I havent mastered all common BP's yet.
If you do want to give anything away, anything free is good!

1) avatar stuff
2) furniture stuff
3) mythics
Have officially quit the game. Thank you very much for this game and all my citymates!

purplefluff2005

Postby purplefluff2005 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:48 am

Maybe a special 24 hour event for the winners. Like triple exp or 50% craft bonus? Maybe a free upgraded trade/precraft/quest or fusion slot? Free shop/shop size or floor/wall upgrade? Everyone likes free keys. Maybe a couple of free chest openings that dont require keys or gems?

ALSO FREE TOASTY CARPET FOR EVERYONE

Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:58 am

Hi! Since I'm the one of the pieces of the Raid Challenge, I guess I should say something. I'll speak to the specific community events I've administrated.

First off, I love the crafting challenge I did, it was a lot of fun for me to do but participation was low. I have a special spreadsheet that randomly draws items to make for each crafting slot. Whoever submitted an entry matching my crafting bar exactly was entered to win. The prizes for that were random based on the person's level, because it was designed for every player to have a chance to enter. If I were able to have a pipedream about prizing for that, it would be:

Craft Challenge Pipe Dream Prizing:
- 3-5 wondrous bags to the raffle winner
- extra raffle draw every 50 entries (never came this close)
- 1 wondrous/mysterious/treasure bag for simply completing the challenge

As for the raid challenge, that started out as a way to reward people already doing awesome numbers in raid, and morphed into something else completely. There was a time when I was doing two concurrent challenges but it was becoming a bit much to chase down winners and coordinate to get them their prizes. If there was a prizing system where it's easy for me and easy for Tadaaah/whomever, I could run unlimited tiers, really. Probably to stay thematic with the game, however, three tiers would probably be ideal.

Raid Challenge Pipe Dream prizing:
- 3000 point raffle, 2-3 Champ Bags reward, extra draw for every 50 entries
- 2000 point raffle, 3-5 Wondrous Bags reward, extra draw for every 50 entries
- 1000 point raffle, 3-5 Mysterious Bags reward, extra draw for every 50 entries

And then, I always liked to do special event raid challenges where we would crown a "World MVP". I think it would be awesome do something like this, every 2-3 months.

Special Raid Challenge Pipe Dream Prizing:
- 1000 point raffle, 250 gems + avatar item, extra draw for every 100 entries
- World MVP, 1500 gems + avatar item
- One special raffle for everyone who has entered in the 1000 pt raffle, winner receives the current limited edition seasonal pack of their choice

This way, the raid challenge would work as a community cross promotion for the new limited pack without going too crazy.

Obviously this is all wishful thinking, but this is the stuff I personally daydream about.

DeeDee
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby DeeDee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:21 am

This is exciting to see recognition for community support for SH! My city members, myself included, are always much more enthusiastic and invested in the raid when we have a goal, so kudos to cc for opening this line of discussion. Abqu's efforts with the raid and crafting challenges are greatly appreciated.

Died

Postby Died » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:46 am

Last edited by Died on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:54 am

maybe for the top 10 you could introduce a week long event prize with non-trash spins :idea:

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Unfortunately, we don't have the technical means to award the group with a "special event" in game for them, but the other suggestions are do-able.

Kidlike

Postby Kidlike » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:27 pm

A crown wearable for the Avatar that you can ONLY get from being in the event top 10. bragging rights you know, I see there are different community events so maybe a slightly different design for the wearable depending on the type of event like a silver or gold for raids and (I would love to have this one!) an anvil with a hammer striking it as a hat for crafting... .I'm a weird person :lol:

Cookie66
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Cookie66 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:26 pm

bloop wrote:maybe for the top 10 you could introduce a week long event prize with non-trash spins :idea:

Thank you thank you thank you bloops
Drunken Mayor of Phoenix Down...We troll for you to roll

Return to “News & Announcements”