Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
Saraphas
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby Saraphas » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:24 am

Hollypie87 wrote:Who's approval?


Apple's approval. Whenever you submit a new app or an updated app to the App Store it will go under review to make sure it adheres to Apple's Ts&Cs and is of a suitable quality for their discerning customers.

Azazial Verdantia
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby Azazial Verdantia » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:13 am

I think it is a poor decision to leave the Jack of All Trades enabled at present. The only fair course of action is for everyone to have it or for no one to have it until the actual release date. Either the package is not ready to be released and it ought to be disabled for everyone until it is properly released or it is ready for release and everyone should be able to purchase it immediately.

Yesterday during Tadaaah's stream it was stated that people who have already purchased Jack of All Trades will simply have him for the two weeks prior to official release with the reason being "those people paid real money for him". Those who managed to purchase him ahead of schedule are not the only paying players. Many other people would happily pay for the package as well so that is a bad reason to leave it enabled for anyone at present.

User avatar
Desco
"Good" Mastery Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby Desco » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:42 am

Azazial Verdantia wrote:I think it is a poor decision to leave the Jack of All Trades enabled at present. The only fair course of action is for everyone to have it or for no one to have it until the actual release date. Either the package is not ready to be released and it ought to be disabled for everyone until it is properly released or it is ready for release and everyone should be able to purchase it immediately.

Yesterday during Tadaaah's stream it was stated that people who have already purchased Jack of All Trades will simply have him for the two weeks prior to official release with the reason being "those people paid real money for him". Those who managed to purchase him ahead of schedule are not the only paying players. Many other people would happily pay for the package as well so that is a bad reason to leave it enabled for anyone at present.


The people who got Jack already leveled him up and upgraded the racks and started the blueprint line.
Do you think it will be wise to take them all back and have people who paid real life money lose all the progress just cause it was a bug release? That is bad business.
The hotfix indicates that Jack availability is removed also, so anyone who didn't get it within that few hour time frame already lost their chance.

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:01 am

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:18 am

Azazial Verdantia wrote:I think it is a poor decision to leave the Jack of All Trades enabled at present. The only fair course of action is for everyone to have it or for no one to have it until the actual release date. Either the package is not ready to be released and it ought to be disabled for everyone until it is properly released or it is ready for release and everyone should be able to purchase it immediately.

Yesterday during Tadaaah's stream it was stated that people who have already purchased Jack of All Trades will simply have him for the two weeks prior to official release with the reason being "those people paid real money for him". Those who managed to purchase him ahead of schedule are not the only paying players. Many other people would happily pay for the package as well so that is a bad reason to leave it enabled for anyone at present.


To note: These players not only had to purchase this pack; in order to unlock the pack's availability, they also had to purchase all three classic packs (wizard, rogue, warrior). The way it is coded in the backend; we aren't able to "turn on" the pack.

Azazial Verdantia
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby Azazial Verdantia » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:40 am

Desco wrote:The people who got Jack already leveled him up and upgraded the racks and started the blueprint line.
Do you think it will be wise to take them all back and have people who paid real life money lose all the progress just cause it was a bug release? That is bad business.

Yes, I do think it would be the best course of action to temporarily disable him. It's a bug that he was released early. Bugs should be fixed. No one is losing any money. Those with him are merely being told to wait until the proper release with the rest of us. It's much worse business and a PR fiasco to just let whoever happened to illegitimately get him early because of a bug. It sends the message that it's okay to abuse bugs for personal gain which is in conflict with their stated position on the matter.
Cloudcade Support wrote:https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop- ... f-the-game
We take any attempts to exploit our games through hacking, bugs or other means very seriously and anyone caught doing so will be permanently banned without notice


Desco wrote:The hotfix indicates that Jack availability is removed also, so anyone who didn't get it within that few hour time frame already lost their chance.

So what you are saying is: "You lost your chance your chance to abuse this bug while you could so you should have done it while you could! Sucker!"

I greatly hope that Cloudcade either disables Jack temporarily or releases him immediately to remedy the blatantly unfair situation. I am just one person of course, but all of this will be available for future customers to judge whether or not they wish to do business with Cloudcade.

Azazial Verdantia
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby Azazial Verdantia » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:45 am

cc_Tadaaah wrote:To note: These players not only had to purchase this pack; in order to unlock the pack's availability, they also had to purchase all three classic packs (wizard, rogue, warrior). The way it is coded in the backend; we aren't able to "turn on" the pack.

I'm confused here. Do you mean turn off?

Nara
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby Nara » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:52 am

Azazial Verdantia wrote:
cc_Tadaaah wrote:To note: These players not only had to purchase this pack; in order to unlock the pack's availability, they also had to purchase all three classic packs (wizard, rogue, warrior). The way it is coded in the backend; we aren't able to "turn on" the pack.

I'm confused here. Do you mean turn off?


Same here. I do hope that the pack will be active for all players even if we do not buy all 3 of the "classic" packs.

Sinny
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby Sinny » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Azazial Verdantia wrote:Yes, I do think it would be the best course of action to temporarily disable him.
...

So what you are saying is: "You lost your chance your chance to abuse this bug while you could so you should have done it while you could! Sucker!"

I greatly hope that Cloudcade either disables Jack temporarily or releases him immediately to remedy the blatantly unfair situation. I am just one person of course, but all of this will be available for future customers to judge whether or not they wish to do business with Cloudcade.


First world problems?

I suspect the number of people who care can be counted on one hand. I for one don't want CC spending time trying to hack this when they could be working on other things.

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:01 am

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Azazial Verdantia wrote:
cc_Tadaaah wrote:To note: These players not only had to purchase this pack; in order to unlock the pack's availability, they also had to purchase all three classic packs (wizard, rogue, warrior). The way it is coded in the backend; we aren't able to "turn on" the pack.

I'm confused here. Do you mean turn off?


No, when the bug was active, that is the only way they were able to purchase the pack early. It will be available for everyone on April 7th. But we aren't going to remove a package they purchased from their accounts; especially, when they needed to purchase 3 additional packages to access this content early.

Azazial Verdantia
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby Azazial Verdantia » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:00 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:No, when the bug was active, that is the only way they were able to purchase the pack early. It will be available for everyone on April 7th. But we aren't going to remove a package they purchased from their accounts; especially, when they needed to purchase 3 additional packages to access this content early.

Okay. I still think money is a poor justification for this issue. I want to reiterate that disabling is not the same as removing and then they can wait like the rest of us. I hope you'll communicate this to the devs as the community liaison between us and them. I won't be pursuing this any further now that I've expressed my opinion.

Sinny wrote:First world problems?

Cute attempt at trying to make me feel bad for having an opinion that you don't like. Not everyone speaks up because they don't want to be hammered on by people like you. ;)


Return to “News & Announcements”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

©2015 Cloudcade, Inc. All Rights Reserved.